Color in the Bathroom - Which Hue is You?
Houzz Polls
October 5, 2012 in Polls
Do you like color in the bathroom? Which accent would you choose?

VOTE for your pick and tell us what you love about it. Bonus for adding a photo with your comment showing the color in *your* bathroom.
Blue
Green
Black
Pink
Red
Yellow
White
StoneMar Natural Stone Company LLC
I really wanted to like the moody black, but the Pink is so much fun! I love the ikat pattern tiles, too.
October 5, 2012 at 10:19am     
I love the white one. That light fixture seals the deal for me.
October 8, 2012 at 2:48pm     
The black one is so sleek and sexy but the white one is so classic,timeless and romantic. Love that chandy!
October 8, 2012 at 2:58pm   
Roots and Rafters
I think any of these colors would look good in the bathroom, but I'm not a fan of any of these particular examples. I chose the white bathroom because it's very versatile and adaptable to any choice of accessories.
October 8, 2012 at 2:58pm     
Brown! Dark chocolate moody beautiful delicious yummy dark chocolate brown!
October 8, 2012 at 2:59pm   
anitajoyce
The white one is my favorite. It just speaks calmness and relaxation!
October 8, 2012 at 3:05pm     
DefySupply.com
I love the boldness of the yellow. It works for that specific bathroom. I'm not sure how it would translate elsewhere, but I like it. It was a close call between the white though!
October 8, 2012 at 3:09pm   
Amy Burke @ Florida Custom Marble
Dark brown cabinets, Cream top, Aqua walls, Taupe wainscoting and Cream trim and chrome finishes. Classic Old Craftsman built 1928.
October 8, 2012 at 3:16pm     
myosotis
Even though I'm obsessed with blue, the blue bathroom is a tad too much, so I voted for the white one.
October 8, 2012 at 4:31pm     
inkwitch
I don't care for any of them. I don't see one done in chocolate/earth tones. There's a couple of great bathrooms in the houzz collection that appeal to me far more than any of these.
October 8, 2012 at 5:11pm     
fjcooper2002
They are all lovely, but pink in the bathroom, especially pale pink, is very flattering to the complexion. I love the combination of pale pink and pale green.
October 8, 2012 at 6:03pm   
Monika Stark
I like the brown/white and the yellow as the “color”...so classic and timeless. Not too fashionable ...still modern enough to stay in style for a while.
October 8, 2012 at 6:04pm   
elisawalsh
I like the white. It looks clean which is what I like in my bathrooms. The others are attractive but very trendy. :-)
October 8, 2012 at 6:17pm   
triciajo
I voted green because I love the contrast between the green and black. I love the mirrors and the knobs look like jewelry. I love the cabinets in the pink bath and the tile floors and light fixture in the white bath and the tile wall in the yellow bath. .
October 8, 2012 at 6:24pm   
Virginia Butler
Blue reminds me of the ocean and it's also spa like.
October 8, 2012 at 6:29pm     
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
PINK - even though I love the classic white and dark brown, and white with gray - this pink scheme is simply amazing - and, easy to change!
October 8, 2012 at 6:34pm     
CK Hoffman Design
RED - I love colored bathroom especially in the powder room which should be one of the most dramatic rooms in the home. I also love dark blue and chocolate. Attached is a photo of a powder room I faux painted. It has a dark red base color (a bit darker that what is shown in the photo), with 3 coats of glaze in bronze and gold. I'm very happy with the result and the clients love it too!
October 8, 2012 at 6:57pm     
njcook53
White! Lovely bathroom, a grand place to relax!
October 8, 2012 at 6:59pm   
lauriann88
omg, I couldn't vote - they were ALL so beautifully done! So ultimately I don't think it's the color itself that matters, but how it is used. That being said, my least favorites were the yellow and the pink. My favorites were the black (so sleek and modern!) and the white (could relax for hours in that glorious tub under that gorgeous chandelier). But I just couldn't decide, and I also thought the green was a lovely shade, the green knobs were fabulous, and I loved the purple flower accent with it!
October 8, 2012 at 7:11pm   
manhattansfinest
White is the real deal for me ,its timeless ...quintessential bathroom style it will certainly get the ticks from your inlaws and winning votes from your friends...the other colour themes looks like fun ,however ,the fun usually never last.
October 8, 2012 at 7:49pm   
ikwewe
I find the blue the most relaxing. Love the double sinks, too. I have two different bathrooms to show you, both have shades of blue,one is in my vacation home.
October 8, 2012 at 8:04pm   
ATP Designs
If I had to choose one of these colors, it will be white (even though I love me a splash of color). Specially because the yellow, red, green & pink are too bright in the bathroom. I like my bathrom to be serene and white would be great with some accent pieces. If I were to choose outside of these choices, then may be some earthy tones on walls, possibly lighter colored tiles and counter top and darker cabinets. Warm & serene!
October 8, 2012 at 8:09pm   
Urban Aesthetics
I had to go with the pink because of the whole look of that bathroom. Great job! Otherwise I would have voted for the white bathroom.
October 8, 2012 at 8:44pm     
Liza Hausman
Sounds like we need to run a "battle of the earthtones" poll! I found these colors too bold and I prefer a more spa-like feel, so had to go for the white and that fixture too @edubya - but I think softer version might be nice - or subtler Spa Inspired Bathroom
West Coast Hampton
October 8, 2012 at 9:25pm     
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Green is great in a bathroom, especially with black accents.
October 8, 2012 at 10:06pm   
Tammie Kim
I love the white one because it has a clean feel :)
October 8, 2012 at 10:25pm   
Noz Nozawa
I'm a sucker for black walls in any room (voted for black, duh). BUT I also love when people make bold design choices in bathrooms. In a previous rental, I painted every wall of the tiny bathroom metallic silver, with tomato red accents (not recommended!)
October 8, 2012 at 11:42pm   
fjcooper2002
While white is a clean color, as used in this bathroom it is too stark, pristine and boring. I need at least a splash of color somewhere....
October 9, 2012 at 3:39am     
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Blue is my favorite color in the bathroom as I am a beach and water person. While it was not the best blue-themed layout I have ever seen, I just can't help but be attracted to it. White was too safe a choice!
October 9, 2012 at 7:03am     
katiejones79
i love a fresh green bathroom, but necessarily the pic you chose. :-/ i love the color green! :-)
October 9, 2012 at 7:20am   
The Design Firm
I think all of these bathrooms are great! The white is classic, clean and elegant. The black is chic. The green has a lot of interest -- I really like the matching green hardware and the pop of purple the flowers add. The red is dramatic and I love the use of tile. The pink is fresh and fun. The blue has movement, from the tile to the shower curtain. But...my favorite is the yellow. I feel like the yellow bathroom combines several different styles together, giving the room interest and charm.
We have recently remodeled our bathroom at The Design Firm and it definitely illustrates our love of color in the bathroom.
October 9, 2012 at 8:05am     
John Manchester
The Black one is sheik and stylish!!!
October 9, 2012 at 11:58am     
mindgames1978
Since I do not see any grey and this is just a bad example of black. I would have to say that I loved how the green one looks, although I just could not vote because I couldn't decide between the green and the pink. They both look nice. The rest I just couldn't see myself ever doing my bathroom like. So I would say pink or green.
October 9, 2012 at 2:46pm   
Designer's Edge Kitchen & Bath
Love the serenity of the white bathroom and the free standing tub.
October 9, 2012 at 7:03pm     
olldroo
Very hard to choose a colour when the style of a bathroom calls louder. However, the question is "which hue is me" so I would have to vote for the blue. Blue and water naturally go together to me, it always looks fresh and clean, but in this case how the blue has been used is not to my liking, there is just too much going on. I love the simplicity of how the black has been used, it is such a no-nonsense statement of colour but I wouldn't like it in a bathroom. so I would use the lovely cornflower shade from the blue bathroom wall on the black bathroom wall instead - a nice colour statement that looks fresh and clean.
October 10, 2012 at 2:03am     
kharper789
I love the black, but I also love lots of color.
October 10, 2012 at 7:14am   
kharper789
Here's a picture of my bathroom.
October 10, 2012 at 7:25am     
brianjess
None of them! The white is too boring and safe. I felt like the rest of the colors were screaming at me. I've seen many, many bathrooms on this site that are much better choices.
October 10, 2012 at 7:44am     
laurakatz5
Love the upscale feel of all the bathrooms but I would never use a 'urine' color in the bathroom. I like the boldness of the red one and the tranquility of the white/grey room.
October 10, 2012 at 8:30am     
twinkle24
I love blue and white in a bath-feels heavenly to me. Not such of fan of this particular blue design-but I thought we were voting for color over style.
October 10, 2012 at 9:51am   
Gina Leitz
I voted for the white but I too would need a splash of color whether it be in art or accessories. There were too many garish things about the other bathrooms for me to like them. I did love the light fixtures that went with the red bathroom.
October 10, 2012 at 11:36am     
phizziwig
I love the green because it is crisp, clean and fresh- something that I think I would love- but my eclectic nature keeps taking over!
October 10, 2012 at 11:42am   
jojogarlacz
I am not a big BLUE lady, but, I adore the blue bathroom.....
October 10, 2012 at 12:10pm   
marie59
I adore the red. With those exquisite light fittings it looks cosy, warm, but also sophisticated.
October 10, 2012 at 1:12pm   
monika2024
Not a fan of bold/neon colors or modern/contemproary looks... the white is nice but looks too sterile and cold.
October 10, 2012 at 1:52pm     
tmhanner
I love the white bathroom as it looks so bright and clean without looking stark. It has timeless style.
October 10, 2012 at 2:26pm   
wendee
I like blue in your choices, but I have orange and teal in my family bathroom and blue gray in my masterbath.
October 10, 2012 at 3:28pm   
Chandani
White!... though aqua would be nice, too!
October 10, 2012 at 3:31pm   
olldroo
Good one laurakatz5 - I call it "baby nappy yellow".
October 10, 2012 at 6:05pm   
ApplianceLand Kitchen and Bath
There should be an all of the above option for those of who like everything :)
October 10, 2012 at 6:38pm   
teachptb
Blue is soothing and several other colors go with it.
October 10, 2012 at 10:04pm   
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
Ahhhhh love the spaaaaaa white. My fav bathroom color at home is metallic ballroom gold (by RL) brushed on with short, sweeping, twisting strokes including the ceiling.
October 10, 2012 at 11:00pm   
stressfree6644
My favorite is the pink , the style is what speaks to me, and the other colors would also fit in this room for me. The other rooms just did not appeal to me, and the white one was too simple. I like to change my decor frequently and the pink room is more versatile, all I would have to do is change the paint color and accessories, and I'd have a new room.
October 11, 2012 at 6:20am   
csr1954
I would love a bathroom with the blues and greens of water and the sky. Currently my bathroom is yellow with beadboard paneling. I like it because it is light and bright but I am ready for a change.
October 11, 2012 at 10:23am   
Merry Memories
I would go with three of them! LOL!
October 11, 2012 at 2:19pm   
wendee
My bathroom is peach taffy as an accent and seaseeker aqua with white tub/ shower, floor is white tile and dark vanity.
October 11, 2012 at 3:01pm   
Studio NOO Design
They're all nice, but I love the red !
October 11, 2012 at 3:41pm   
Leslie Saul & Associates
We love color in the bathroom, but also soft hues. It all depends on the size of the space and the personality of the person. See some of our bathrooms here:

October 12, 2012 at 4:43am   
atldebbi
I just love color as you can see from my photos. Love them all.
October 12, 2012 at 5:12am   
jaxtheminx
Do like most of the colours but the examples are UGLY and/or cold and impersonal. The white one would be first choice given the understated elegance of it.
October 12, 2012 at 5:56am   
sunnybrae
The white bathroom is so clean and brings up the smell of white towels and sheets fresh off the clothes line.
October 12, 2012 at 7:39am   
olldroo
Agree, sunnybrae, the only problem I have discovered is that I have just renovated my ensuite from 80s browns/apricots to fresh white and a soft brown rice colour and boy is it showing every bit of dirt, dust and fluff. I am cleaning it every day but enjoy doing it because it looks so good. Admittedly the area around it still looks like a construction zone, but I shudder now at how dirty the old bathroom could have been because the dirt and dust didn't show. It might be a lot more work but it is a lot easier to do and it feels so good to know it is really clean and shows it.
October 12, 2012 at 3:37pm   
redheadf99
Not all that fond of any of them. However, if I had to choose, it would be the black one...... 2nd choice, the red. The white is pretty but boring. The pink is nice, but the style of the cabinets are boring white. I would never choose any of the rest.
October 18, 2012 at 7:25pm   
momof5x
I love the yellow and black one the rest of the tiling ( white and grey) tone it down nicely.

Our new home is presently nearing completion, I chose the following colour/design combination ( exact ) except that the top of sink area is not brown rather a greyish to match the floor tiling and the shapes of the double sinks are roundish which also defines the edge of sink. This is just the sink area- as rest wasn't completed at the time. It gives the colour etc clearly though.
December 14, 2012 at 9:57am   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
HELP! Exterior Color Disaster!
My husband and I just moved in about a week ago. My...
Does anyone know what tile this is??
This is tile out of a house that was bought as a flip...
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
bar cabinet
Hi, I have this bar cabinet I love but I'm not sure...