Master Bath - same tile for floor and shower and tub?
jmsmommy
Hi! Would appreciate some feedback. For our master bath, we are thinking of using the same grey tile for the floor, shower and tub. We are planning on doing blue pearl granite for the counters and a dark espresso color for the cabinets. We are also planning on using a 1x1 glass mosaic tile that has silver, blue, & grey.

- For the floor, we are thinking of straight layout for the tile, no incorporation of the glass tile.
- For the shower, we are thinking of a straight layout for the tile with two rows of the glass tile at each edge of the grey tile (up and down only) . Hopefully that makes sense!
- For the tub, we are doing the grey tile and for the tub surround (wall) we are planning on doing the entire surround with the glass mosaic tile.

My question: Is it okay to use the same tile for the floor, shower, and tub? I tried to incorporate the glass tile in the shower and tub to break it up a little. I am afraid that the bathroom might look too grey with the tile used everywhere. Just wanted some opinions.

I attached a picture with the tile and the glass tile as well as the granite color. Ignore the pewter glass tile in the picture - not using that.

Thanks in advance!
Julie
That is alot of gray in my opinion. You need some contrast. Painting your walls white? I would do a really light colored granite. As light with the cool tones of gray as you can get it. (thats what we are doing). I attached a pic of our kitchen, which is almost the same as our bath. I'm afraid it is going to be too much gray, not enough contrast.
October 5, 2012 at 6:42pm   
Julie
Ways I would break it up and create more contrast would be to definitely make sure u pain the walls white if you are going with all that dark. Or Make the cabinets white, or do light colored insets instead of the gray or do the tile lighter and keep the gray accent insets. Also consider how much light your bathroom will have and window treatments.
October 5, 2012 at 6:45pm   
Opinions on mixed dining chairs?
Hi there. We recently ordered the potterybarn Benchwright...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Chair reupholstering
Want to reupholster this chair but not sure how out...
Sapele Mahagony Front Door Stain
Sherwin Williams Semi-transparent exterior stain -...
Family room with dated built ins
Looking for suggestions on what to do with these built...