Need help with stairs
valeria9
should we paint raliling white? stain the wood?
ideas please :) i dont think the black matches with the rest of the house and floors... thanks
bprince300
I rather like the bold black myself, it looks especially good against the brick corner. Theres so much light throughout and it appears that you like B & W - any reason not to bring in more black ? Weightier picture frames, Lamp shades, a black and silver fixture over your sofa area, black nightstands ? - and then add changeable color to each room as desired. The spring green is great with it and the mirror and silver pots are beautiful ! Those little perfectly shaped touches of green brings so much life - more greenery in other rooms !
October 6, 2012 at 8:55pm   
valeria9
thank you bprince300..so you like the black stairs? you wouldnt paint it white? i do like black and white but i havent really thought about bringing in more black,,i was thinking of bringing in more white.. maybe change the black pillows with green pillows and add more greenery in the master bedroom? and put white night stands..thanks so much
October 6, 2012 at 9:12pm   
Janis Pasiecnik
go to design seeds look for color comb. it has all the colors in you home. don't change the the stairs or the brick. maybe the walls color is to stark. soften with a light honey beige
October 6, 2012 at 9:13pm   
rawketgrl
Minimalist: If you want the stairs to kind of disappear/float paint the black parts the same color as the main color in the floor.

Industrial chic: I like the idea of white for the base with the black spindles and wood handrail.

Traditional: You do have a pretty all white theme going, except for the brick of course, so painting the black all white would work also.

I would not touch the handrail, might be high maintenance to paint it, and it looks great and all the wood treads and floors look fab.
October 6, 2012 at 9:14pm   
Janis Pasiecnik
and the drapes. stark white does not work. warm it up a bit
October 6, 2012 at 9:15pm   
ksundar
I agree with rawketgrl. Or you could even paint the base white and paint the spindles the lovely bright green you are using as an accent for an unexpected pop.
October 6, 2012 at 9:28pm   
Need help with sound barrier on stairs
Stairs go from middle of kitchen to upstairs bedroom...
Need help with Under the stairs Decor
We've re-done our livingroom/dining room area but what's...
Family room- need help with furniture plan and window treatment
I'd love advice on how to pull this room together....
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Shower Bench
I like a floating shower bench but how is this supported??? Tired...
bathroom remodel
We have gutted master 6 x 15 bathroom we really like...