Paint Color Suggestion for Powder Room
Laura Zinter
I am removing wall paper and I need a paint color suggestion. The mirror is espresso with red edges.

Surrounding rooms are: master bedroom across hall is BM Chestertown Buff (gold), hall and living room is BM Shaker Beige, Kitchen is a dark olive, and dining room is a charcoal gray.
Nancy Hehmann
I would try to get some continuity of paint. Which room does the bath open up to?
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 11:55AM
How about the shaker beige, flat and semi-gloss? Make a stencil that looks like that fab mirror and stencil the shape in the semi-gloss. Yum! Patience and time...lots of patience. : )
2 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 12:00PM
Laura Zinter
It opens up to BM Shaker Beige which is what the living areas and halls in my home are. From the living room view, I have a dark olive gray in the kitchen, a charcoal gray dining room (BM Stardust). My bedroom is directly across the hall and is painted gold. The bedding in there is Duncan stripe from PB which is a lot of colored stripes.
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 12:00PM
Laura Zinter
The stencil idea sounds beautiful. I am so busy with small kids so quick but elegant would be a better option. Could I do sporadic stenciling?
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 12:03PM
I think sporadic would work in a planned sort of way. I'd also make the stencil the shape of the mirror, but not as large as the mirror.
1 Like   October 10, 2012 at 12:21PM
Stanton Designs-online design services
I agree with beige. I like the idea of using a stencil and using a flat and semi-gloss. I think wide horizontal stripes in there would be a good compliment to your curvy mirror.
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 3:01PM
HI -- If this is a powder room on it's own - then do something more dramatic - live a little - turn it into a jewel box . Maybe glossy walls in tiffeny blue , or red or navy or black -- eek ! . Or a photo like mural wall paper , like one that is all folage , vines etc . or forest aspen trees as seen in high design magazines like ELLE Decor. Or paint with one of Ralph Lauren sheen paints ,like "Ballet Slippers". Or how about metallic bronze .Whatever you do , also do the ceiling the same as the walls . This little room should be the surprize room in the house ,- have fun with it .
2 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 3:22PM
chelseamrk
-I like wainscoting and a dramatic wallpaper
-Or the stenciled idea. The link for DIY stenciling
http://www.cozycottagecute.com/2012/04/stenciled-wall-before-and-after.html
And either a flat and gloss mixture or one colour with a slightly lighter than the other
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 3:59PM
Amy Burke
Hello Lazamae! I'm with lefty47 on this one. Walls are real estate and a small space, where you cannot fit much into only leaves the walls. In think a melon, blue or even a shade of lavender would be great and not conflict with the other spaces. Just like a jewelry box with a surpise inside as lefty47 said. Have a look at these. Good Luck!
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 4:33PM
Whatever color you decice, I like Stanton's idea of wide horizontal stripes, all the way around the room..including inside of the door.
0 Likes   October 10, 2012 at 4:36PM
Laura Zinter
Here is the after photo. I ended up with BM Sea Haze, black rugs, hammered metal waste basket and soap pump, black and white towel. I don't have anything on the walls yet though, but finding the right piece shouldn't be too difficult. I just haven't found it yet.
3 Likes   November 10, 2012 at 8:10PM
Good job!
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 3:39AM
suggestions for paint color in this powder room makeover please!
see the attached photos - I am looking for ideas on...
Paint color and accessories suggestions? Need to liven up my powder room!
Hi, I painted my powder room yellow when I first moved...
Paint colour suggestions for my Asian inspired powder room
I am having a problem deciding what colour to paint...
Paint suggestions for mudroom/powder room
Hello!! Looking for suggestions on painting my garage...
color suggestions for small powder room?
Looking for color choice for a small powder room. ...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
What Kind of Professional Do I Need?
I am considering doing a major renovation of my house...
what happened to oil rubbed bronze?
Don't get me wrong I am very happy about it, but I...
Living Room
Hello, We recently purchased our first home :)...
Boring bathroom
This bathroom is small but I know I can still make...