Archer tub installation
October 10, 2012 in Photo Questions
Hello. I know this tub is not suggested for an alcove installation, however it does have a small lip on the edge...
• Assuming this is sufficient to place tile over it like a regular tile flange?
• Did it give you problems as it looks like it's not flat (like a regular tile flange is) but rather comes up to a rounded point on an angle..
• Also did you have to use furring strip in order to bump out the wall a little bit so that it covers that lip?

Thank you in advance
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
These are great questions--thanks for asking. This tub does not automatically come with a tile flange, so it is not typically used for alcove installations. However you can order a tile flange from Kohler to go on the tub, and that is how we created a watertight installation.
October 10, 2012 at 1:52pm     
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
picture hanging
Do I hang a picture centered with my kitchen table...
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Are you a big fan of glamping or camping?
I'm not a camping fan at all. I can't stand not knowing...
Am I on the right track?
Does this flooring and carpet work together? Sometimes...
Rug for dining room
I need help with the dining room rug. The walls are...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™