Can you please tell me the countertop name on island? Beautiful!!
kimmytemmy
October 11, 2012 in Photo Questions
Jordan Iverson Signature Homes
Kimmytemmy - thanks for the question. It's Caesarstone quartz and the color is Haze. Haze is really nice, neutral warm gray color. I'm a huge fan of quartz counters.
October 11, 2012 at 11:40am     
jmaurry
Jordan- I love your work! I want that living room furniture ensemble you put together, and all your kitchens are gorgeous!
I would love to get your opinion...I am doing a contemporary white shaker cabinet kitchen with pebble counters, but want my island to be a bit more special. The island is a grayish/brown stained maple. I was going to do Blizzard with a linear marble backsplash, but I have that Blizzard in my bathroom and although it's great there, it doesn't seem very exciting for the island. Plus, I have heard pots and pans can cause marks that don't come out. I am also considering honed calacatta marble, it looks great when I put it next to my island color, I have friends who love it and don't mind the etching and others who say no way. I have two young boys who are messy but my husband and I are very neat. I thought about the Frosty Carrina or London grey, but am not sure about fake marble. Any help would be appreciated! Is there another color that would look good?
May 8, 2013 at 11:14am   
jackkate2
Jmaurry was your question ever addressed? I am leaning toward caesarstone London Grey...looks the most like marble to me.
October 13, 2013 at 5:28am   
jmaurry
No. I decided on White Princess Quartzite and I really like it. It's a lot like granite in that you can put hot stuff on it, it doesn't etch, but it looks a lot like marble. I used Caesarstone Pebble on my perimeter. I am liking both! Good luck!
October 14, 2013 at 11:44am   
jackkate2
Thank you jmaurry! Wondering if WPQ is same as super white quartzite? If you have time would love to see a pic! :)
October 15, 2013 at 8:27pm   
jmaurry
No I think Super White can etch and has more gray. White Princess is mostly white with gray. I got mine leathered which has a slight sheen to it, had I known that I would have just gotten polished and had it honed so it felt and looked like marble. But I'm happy with it, and it's bulletproof. I will try to attach a photo. Hope it helps. I spent months and months on this, so happy to help. I like the caesarstone, too, so you have to go with what you like. I like the mix of the natural and the caesarstone.
October 15, 2013 at 8:37pm   
Jordan Iverson Signature Homes
jmaurry - sorry I hadn't seen your question earlier...quite a few come through and it must have gotten buried. Sounds like you made a nice choice of pairing colors though! Looks good.

jackkate2 - be sure to checkout what Pental Quartz offers. They have a "carrara" and "lattice" that may be similar. They have quite a few that resemble more natural stones.
October 16, 2013 at 9:51am   
jmaurry
Thanks Jordan- and also thanks to you I recently purchased the Gus Modern Jane Bi-sectional and the High Park chair, love the living room you put together in this house, it inspired me! I'm now on the lookout for a fun rug to pull it all together.
October 16, 2013 at 11:27am     
Jordan Iverson Signature Homes
jamaurry - oh glad to hear I inspired a bit! GusModern has so many perfect options. West Elm and Z Gallerie & even Ikea are a good place to start for affordable rugs with some good patterns. Good luck!
October 16, 2013 at 11:39am   
jmaurry
Thanks, I've already been to West Elm in Palo Alto this past weekend, and need to check out the others!
October 16, 2013 at 6:45pm   
jackkate2
Thank you jmaurry for the pic...i do love that more than super white quartzite and that you Jordan for the quartz recommendation. I will check it out !
October 17, 2013 at 5:18am   
Need Help With Deciding on Window Coverings for Master Bedroom
I have 3 windows side by side in my master bedroom,...
Help designing a small lounge room please!
Hi there I'd love any advice or ideas you might have...
New shower in bathroom - solar tube?
Is there a way to make the light from a solar tube...
Craftsman Living Room/Dining Room Help
This post replaces my request for suggestions in hiring...
appropriate length of window panels for toddler's room
I am having a hard time deciding what length to go...