I like, but
soulstarr
October 12, 2012 in Photo Questions
Am confused. Is this furniture for a livingroom, dining room or something all together diffrent? I like the concept not having a sofa, if it is indeed a livingroom. I guess the dining table throws me off. Nice concept thinking out the box btw. :)
Kirsten Anthony Design Group
Thanks for the question! This room actually serves 2 functions: game/puzzle room for the family, and cocktail lounge/casual dining for the parents and guests in the evening. I actually think sofas are losing a bit of their appeal as more clients want to try unusual seating arrangements.
October 28, 2012 at 6:09PM     
tlkch
I love this look. How big is the room? I have a room off my kitchen they called a " keeping room" here in Virginia this would be perfect .
January 12, 2013 at 10:13AM   
urscampbell
Can one actually dine in a chair like that? I want cushy cozy chairs for a dining space but worry about function.
January 26, 2013 at 10:38AM   
stardust17
Hi. What color was used on the ceiling?
November 24, 2013 at 7:43PM   
triciarobinson
If this room is for casual dining or cocktail lounge, wouldn't it be difficult to see the people on the other side of the table. If the table was lower like a coffee table I could totally see it but this way seems a bit odd. Sorry, I like the room but this table stumps me.
January 13, 2014 at 2:46PM   
Kirsten Anthony Design Group
Thanks for your comment! The clients primarily use this room to play board games with their tween children. They wanted a game table that could also serve backup as an entertaining space for adults, and possibly overflow seating for big family holidays. Typical dining chairs didn't interest them--they preferred more comfortable chairs. I've also done similar projects using lower coffee tables--great for cocktails but lousy for playing board games!
May 26, 2014 at 6:39AM     
Timea Menyhart
I'm glad I've found this picture, as I'm working on a similar project... Open floor plan kitchen, breakfast nook and dining next to each other, living room on the other side of dining room double sided fireplace... Needless to say, I had to come up with a something in-between approach of casual dining/game/lounge/breakfast... I'm planning putting in a settee with club chairs into breakfast nook as it's wedged b/w kitchen and formal dining. As for the table, I'm putting in a round pedestal table with a larger glass topper, so optically the table will appear smaller... Overall diameter will be 48", should provide enough space for breakfast, weeknight dinners, and board games for family of five... Thoughts? Thanks for any input!
last Friday at 6:30PM   
Kirsten Anthony Design Group
Keep the seat height for the chairs at an appropriate level--will take some looking to make sure they aren't too low!
on Monday at 5:51AM     
tmenyhart
Thanks for your insight! I am definitely struggling finding the right height... I also want to make sure the chairs are not disproportionally large... I also came across the Blaine Coffee Table at Pottery Barn that can be raised up to 28" in height (versus 30" standard for a regular dining table), and have a custom glass topper made in a 48" diameter might be the solution... I need to research how sturdy it is when raised to the max for eating...
on Monday at 7:49AM   
Curtains for brown kitchen
I have absolutely no idea what kind of curtains to...
Need curb appeal!
I will take any advice with this one!! I'm not a big...
Help!!!
Window covering?? Remove clock for balance?
House Remodel
I'm taking down a wall. I don't know yet if it is load...