Help!! I'm afraid of color!!
Melissa Hodges
I would like to paint one wall in my living another color. I am leaning towards a brown color, but I am stuck. I already have one sample color on the wall and not sure if its the right one. What is everyone thoughts on an accent wall? Thanks in advance for help!!
houssaon
I love brown and red together. The shade you have on the wall now looks like it will make the wood trim pop, too. Go for it!
October 12, 2012 at 5:59PM     
I, too, think the the wall color mixes well with your window trim.
October 12, 2012 at 6:04PM     
mostert34
I know you will have many suggestions, I have used Benjamin Moore HC-69 on many jobs, the brown is a nice hue, It has a tan to green undertone. It may work well with the red couches. Kind of a soft color for someone just breaking into color. It doesn't appear that the ceilings are white, that may change how the color shows, keep that in mind.
October 12, 2012 at 6:11PM     
candyfinn
Maybe a burnt orange or a blue to match your accent pillows.
October 12, 2012 at 6:30PM   
janishill
A deep, dusky blue would be the perfect accent color with your gorgeous red furniture and traditional rug. Try BM evening dove: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/eveningdove

Though the woodwork is different the attached picture will give you an idea of how it would look.
October 12, 2012 at 7:13PM     
finch
looks too dark for sofas, gliddon woodsmoke would give you a touch of brown with some safe gray
October 12, 2012 at 7:40PM   
brokersouth
I have woodsmoke in 2/3's of our little house. It mixed well with our greens, browns, and reds. Woodsmoke is a much more subtle color than your original idea. I love Your original color and I adore the evening dove. Going bold makes a statement and adds personality to the room. Please post the finished product.
October 12, 2012 at 8:04PM   
punini
You already have a lot of great comments... so here is mine: I just did an accent wall in the master bedroom (BM 980 - woodcliff lakes) that turned out great. The accent wall color is similar to yours, which looks great with the teak furniture that I have (similar to your trim). I also have a midnight blue rug and mainly orange-colored pillows. So, a similar situation to what you have. I was anxious about it, but all I can say is: go for it!
October 12, 2012 at 9:12PM   
I like your current choice too. If you want to venture out more, I like janishill's blue shade idea as well.
October 12, 2012 at 9:45PM   
The Outdoor GreatRoom Company
The room as it is looks very warm and inviting. You could possibly add wall art to change the feel? idea: http://bit.ly/RoM93g
October 12, 2012 at 10:14PM   
The Outdoor GreatRoom Company
Pasted the wrong link above. This style is contemporary and your look seems to be classic, this hopefully gives you an idea for modification to your room: http://www.outdoorrooms.com/store/electric-fireplaces-by-greatco/linear-electric-fireplaces/linear-electric-fireplace.html
October 12, 2012 at 10:16PM   
Melissa Hodges
Thanks to everyone for the comments.
October 13, 2012 at 5:48AM     
builper.com
It's real nice.
October 13, 2012 at 6:31AM   
Hi Melissa, I agree with a darker color, perhaps a bit towards the blue family so it contrasts a bit with the wood trims.
October 13, 2012 at 10:06AM     
kitchen wood compatibility
I am renovating my kitchen. I like the classic look;...
What should we do with this outdated fireplace?
There are so many options out there but we're looking...
Need help picking a kitchen sink?
Can't decide what kind of sink to purchase to go with...
Fireplace help please.
Is this wall art piece too small for this spot? Should...
Need help updating the exterior of a brick ranch
Hello. I am hoping that some of you will have some...