Looking for ideas
brinkbunch
I am going to be remodelling my kitchen and would like to overhaul this bay window eating nook
I need seating, and eating zone My window sill is lower than counter top height
Any help or photos would be appreciated
S&K Interiors
You could reupholstered the bench cushions with a colorful patterned or striped fabric. I would eliminate the two chairs unless you need that much seating on a daily basis and get a round not oval table. Roman shades in a complimentary color would also look great on the window.
2 Likes   October 12, 2012 at 7:57PM
I agree with S&K no chairs unless necessary and a ROUND, not oval table. Or..petite chairs. Here's a sample with small chairs. I think I'd lighten the paint color in the windows..perhaps the blue color of your counter top?

3 Likes   October 12, 2012 at 7:59PM
brinkbunch
Thank you. Yes the whole colour scheme will change and its a beautiful bright area by day

Any way I could carry my new granite counters into that area with bar stools ? Do away with the box seating
0 Likes   October 12, 2012 at 8:54PM
I think the seating is charming and a wonderful feature! I've heard people tire of the bar height seating.
1 Like   October 12, 2012 at 9:10PM
brinkbunch
Well chairs ate home and tables small again :-)
0 Likes   October 12, 2012 at 9:31PM
lol Brinkbunch! Too funny. I think the table needs to be bigger round table tho.
0 Likes   October 12, 2012 at 9:41PM
brinkbunch
Thanks Darzy , that darn autocorrect on the iPhone...
Mmmm, a bigger round I do not have!
0 Likes   October 12, 2012 at 9:44PM
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi brinkbunch, Marie here.
Below are some inspiration photos - I suggest whatever you do, you tie it into your kitchen cabinetry colour. Refer to my portfolio page to show how I tied-in a banquette into the design of a kitchen for Ngo Residence. http://www.houzz.com/pro/cmariehebson/marie-hebsons-interiorsbydesign-inc
Best advice at this juncture, have a Master Design Scheme,
Good luck with your project
1 Like   October 13, 2012 at 1:02AM
Darzy nailed it, hands down. What a great space to have! And if you're interested in replacing your blinds, bottom up shades could be a great option here as they will allow light in, but not in your eyes: [houzz=
]
1 Like   October 13, 2012 at 4:12AM
Thx Bobbi and I like your blinds up shade idea. Your comments and suggestions are always enjoyable!
1 Like   October 14, 2012 at 1:42PM
Melissa Doan - Weidel Realtors - New Hope
Hi Brink! I love benches and if you find it functional, I would keep it and just change out the cushions and update your blinds, but for functionality (since it cane sometimes be tough for everyone to sit on a bench as they may feel "squished" I might consider removing the bench, brightening things up, and adding a table to the space.
1 Like   October 14, 2012 at 2:16PM
Hi Brink! I love benches and if you find it functional, I would keep it and just change out the cushions and update your blinds, but for functionality (since it cane sometimes be tough for everyone to sit on a bench as they may feel "squished" I might consider removing the bench, brightening things up, and adding a new table to the space that seats four to six with mobile benches and/or chairs.
0 Likes   October 14, 2012 at 2:16PM
redcornergardens
Brinkbunch, i think your bay area is very functional and love the way the benches curve around. Agree with all the suggestions, A round table, maybe a bit bigger than yours would look nice. Bottom up blinds are a great solution. What are the dimensions of your bay area, and the depth of the benches? If you remove the bench it might be too tight for a table and chairs. I have a bay eating area as well, but don't have benches, just a table and chairs. We use it every day during the week and it is very claustrophobic and I'm kinda sick of the backs of the chairs banging against the side corners and the look of all the legs.
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 6:51AM
I am re-doing all the floors in my house.
I am doing vinyl tile in the bedrooms ( tan color)....
I need help with my powder bathroom
The half bath is plain sink and toilet all white. The...
Hallway off Laundry room
I have this small hallway adjacent to the frontt door,...
Faux mahogany furniture
I love the look of mahogany and walnut dining tables,...
Family room
Blah!!! Any suggestions welcome!!!! HELP!