2 kids + small bedroom = huge dilemma. Help please
kuichoo
October 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Seeking opinion.. I have 2 growing girls, a 7yo acting like a 17yo, a 9 acting like a 19yo...
Their bedroom is small, attached image of measurement in mm... this is an apartment so there's no knocking down of walls..ceiling height = 2.3m
How can i organize this space so each have small bit of privacy..

Would love your point of view - I can knock the wardrobe out if need be, but that space will still not fit a bed, lengthwise...

Help please. Much appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
A possible solution is to place bunk beds along the left side on the floor plan so it frees up space for the rest of the bedroom.

October 14, 2012 at 5:40am   
nasmijati
Go to Houzz IDEABOOKS at the top of this page. Enter "Ideas for Kids Shared Bedrooms." Also, "Reconsidering Twin Beds." Another one is "Tween-Age Daydream."
If you enter "Children+Bedroom" you will have enough inspiration photos to make lots of notes.
October 14, 2012 at 6:26am   
kuichoo
Thanks everyone.
November 3, 2012 at 4:59am   
janishill
Choose a traditional style of bunkbeds. On the lower one add a piece of plywood to one side. On the upper one add a piece of plywood to the opposite side that reaches to the ceiling. The room is now divided.

If your building skills are lacking you can hang curtains instead. You would have to attack them to the bed for the lower bunk and the ceiling for the upper bunk.

Or you can arrange the beds so that they are perpendicular to one another. If you use this arrangement, a dresser or a desk can be placed in the excess space underneath the raised bed.

With either arrangement, choose a bottom bed that has built-in drawers for storage.

Either choose a theme they both like (outdoors, skating, etc) and paint the walls accordingly; a neutral color is best...or you can paint the walls behind each person's bed in a color that she chooses and make each bed with different linens. Allow each girl select an area rug she likes and place the rugs on their respective sides of the room.

If you already have 2 beds in the room put them on the 276m wall right next to each other with a room divider (or screen.) You could put the beds against the walls with 2 narrow bookshelves or dressers (side by side) between them. Have one facing toward one bed and the facing toward the other bed>

I wish you all the best!
November 3, 2012 at 6:30am   
nasmijati
Here are some ideas for you from the Houzz Photos section:
November 3, 2012 at 8:48am