Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wiletile

Need help for family room remodel

Wilshire Tile Inc.
11 years ago
I am getting ready to remodel my family room. I will be removing my entertainment center, closing off that wall with about a 1' recess and counter top at the bottom. I will be moving the tv to above the fireplace. I have ordered a new black leather sofa (from stressless) instead of the current white one. I will also be changing out the floor for a light gray 12 x 24 tile. I will attach current pics of the room and the new tile. If you have any hints or ideas, please let me know, we will be starting next week, and I am very nervous.

Thank You, Giselle Hoehn

Comments (10)

• charleee
    11 years ago
    I do undestand your nervousness! Especially if you've had this set up for a while. I think your choices are all good, love the bar top and the idea to streamline the room. Your walls would look good with Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, it's a very adaptable color.
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    I'm confused..closing off the wall? Is it open behind the tv built-ins? what do you mean 1 foot recess?
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    @judyg..I was thinking the same thing! This is a very nice room as is!
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    I really like this room too, but it is a lot of white.....Bobbi
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    Holy cow? Not Holy moly?
  • elcieg
    11 years ago
    Nope, Holy Cow. It is my exclamatory response of the day. Tomorrow, who knows? Stay tuned, girlfriend.
  • elcieg
    11 years ago
    You know, Bobbi p, there is a lot of white. Now, SERIOUSLY, what about painting the ceiling a color?

gisgym, I really like your room. If it had a designer's credit on the picture I would not be surprised.
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    I have to agree with the others. I like the separate entertainment center (an unusually tasteful one), like how its placement doesn't interfere with the lines of the fireplace, and yet allows the sectional to be focused on both. While I agree there might be too much white in the room, I actually think the modern lines of your sectional are streamlined and tasteful (and the genre of the sectional is so easy to get wrong and go all puffy, overstuffed, and tacky). And I can't imagine wanting to replace a wood floor with tile. So I'm a bit worried that you are tinkering with a room that I see as very successful in its "before" state, with an uncertain "after." I agree that a richer wall color that would contrast with the white more would be ideal, and I have no idea what that gray screen in the third photo is, but I agree with getting rid of it. I'm also not wild about the design of the rug, but at least it brings color and contrast into the room and goes with the modern lines of the sectional. So let me just say that since the room is working so well as it stands, be careful that what you replace it with is equally or more inviting, attractive, and efficient.
  • mmilos
    11 years ago
    feeny, I think the 3rd photo is the proposed 12" x 24" gray floor tile.

I would keep the wood floors, they add warmth. The gray tile could look very cold.