Bathroom lighting question. any professional bathroom designers here?
Judy M
will be having two recessed medicine cabinets installed over a 5 foot double sink vanity and wanted three lights. One on either side of the medicine cabinets and one in center. Problem is because of a doorway at end of vanity I will not have wall space room on the left side of one sink.

so the question is do I do ONE light between the two sinks centered between the two medicine cabinets OR a set of lights above each recessed cabinet.

I know lighting on the side of the face is preferable to overhead.
olldcan
Can't the medicine cabinets be slightly pushed closer to each other and still have all three lights. If not, I'd still prefer one on the outer side of each cabinet as opposed to up top. Yup, I hear you when the lights up top, I almost don't recognize myself.... where did all those experience lines come from anyways:)
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 1:21PM
Personally, I like the way this looks: [houzz=
]
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 1:35PM
Euro Style Lighting
We suggest lighting from the top and we have some products that can hopefully help you. Let us know if you have any questions. http://www.eurostylelighting.com/bathroom+lighting-category/search.htm
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 1:40PM
Rio Brewster
Depending on the style of the lights, you could have one of each medicine cabinet and one in the middle. How much space do you have? There are some very narrow fixtures out there.
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 2:24PM
Judy M
I have space in the middle and on the right side, it is the left side that is the problem because of the doorway. The medicine cabinets cannot be placed closer because they need to be centered over the sinks.
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 2:53PM
If you're sure you want side lighting, I would suggest one large shared medicine cabinet centered over both sinks and lighting on the side.
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 2:54PM
Judy M
I like this one for over the cabinets but not sure what the view is of the light from underneath it.
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 2:59PM
Judy M
I considered one big cabinet instead of two but decided the lights would be so far apart, that if standing at one sink, your face would be lighted by one light more than the other, giving an unbalanced light on the face. Bad for applying makeup.
1 Like   October 16, 2012 at 3:01PM
Rio Brewster
are you redoing the countertop and sinks or just the lighting/cabinets? If you have a single handle faucet, you can fudge it to the side a bit and angle it, then line the medicine cabinets with the faucets. If your bathroom is really traditional this won't work but you can do it in a more contemporary space.
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 3:53PM
Judy M
everything will be new and it's very traditional. I'm thinking I have to accept that overhead lights are the solution. The sidelights will only work if nI do a full wall mirror ( which is what I;m taking down) and I really need the storage of the dual medicine cabinets.
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 3:57PM
A thought....what about pendant lights?
0 Likes   October 16, 2012 at 4:10PM
Judy M
Vaulted ceiling with skylights over the vanity. And they would have same effect as overhead lights anyway. This might be one thing in this bathroom, that I can't get exactly what I want. bummer
1 Like   October 16, 2012 at 4:23PM
responsibilities of professional bathroom designer
I have hired a professional bathroom designer. She...
suequini
Bathroom and laundry room need professional design
I have a large master bathroom connected to a nice...
lucylawpratt
I need help with a new kitchen layout
Help! I need advice on a new layout for my kitchen....
brittiep
happycl8
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
licksch
mommag109
Cathedral Ceiling and Heating Problem
I need some help curtailing my heating bill due to...
evelyn19335