where do you purchase zinc for table or countertop
janpembert
October 16, 2012 in Photo Questions
Looking for zinc for a table. I do not know where to find it and I guess I would get a sheet metal company to put it on. pls, any information would be helpful.
Handcrafted Metal
Hello! Handcrafted Metal makes lots of hammered custom zinc islands and hammered counter tops like this. Our tops are EASY to install. We'll build your custom zinc top and then install it on wood substrate. You just set it in place, and secure it screws. If you already have a solid surface in place, we can ship your custom zinc island tops without the wood, and you can glue it down over your existing counter top. If you need it, we can include a welded-in zinc sink, or if you already have a sink, we can provide a framed opening, but these features add to the cost. A custom rectangular zinc top without a sink or sink opening that will fit on a single sheet of zinc is the most economical configuration for a hammered zinc top like this - maybe half the price.

The images below are a hammered custom zinc island top that we built that's shown on our web site. It's a fair amount larger than this top, and it has a framed sink opening, too, so it's about twice the price of a small rectangular top.

Here's a link to the hammered custom zinc island top on our web site that's shown in the photos below. It's pretty big - 82" x 61" plus it has a a framed opening.
http://www.handcraftedmetal.com/Island-Zinc-Countertops-2736.html
April 7, 2013 at 5:55PM     
triciajo
I just love this zinc top. How does it compare to the price of granite?
December 15, 2013 at 5:46AM     
Paint, what colour do we choose!?
We need some serious help! Neither of us have any design...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
need help designing a functional 3ft X 8ft closet
I am only adding about 100 sqft to my house because...
Privacy solution
Hello design gurus, My design dilemma is to do with...