jhetf
January 16, 2011 in Photo Questions
I want to paint my dining table to update its look to a modern one. Any suggestions on how to lacquer it instead of just painting it ? I really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you so much.
Kerrie L. Kelly
Lacquer more durable than shellac although it is very thin and must be applied in many thin coats. Dust-free drying is not a problem, but because lacquer dries so fast it is very difficult to work with. Brushing lacquers are not recommended for amateur use. Lacquer fumes can be both toxic and explosive. For these reasons, lacquer is not usually used in amateur refinishing. For small jobs, lacquer can be applied with aerosol spray cans. This is expensive, but it works well.

Lacquer can be used on most woods, but it CANNOT be used on mahogany and rosewood--the oils in these woods will bleed through the finish. Wood to be finished with lacquer must be properly prepared, sanded, and sealed. Immediately before applying lacquer, clean the piece of furniture thoroughly with a tack cloth. Use only aerosol spray lacquer, and protect your working area with dropcloths or newspaper. Make sure ventilation is adequate and follow the directions of the product.
January 17, 2011 at 3:13PM   
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Recess lighting
We are building a house and wondering if it's necessary...
Imbed electrical outlet strip into quartz counter
I'd like to have an outlet strip imbedded into the...
Please help me designing my living room
Hi guys, I need help designing my living room. Facts: -...
Kitchen ideals
What could I do to update this kitchen?