Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prisbent

Need help on placing two twin beds in L shape in small guest bedroom

prisbent
11 years ago
Hi, is it necessary to place a small square table in the corner placing the beds next to it, or do I move the beds directly up to each other in the perpendicular position? Hope that question makes sense. Also, I would like to use what I have which is a trundle with a spring bottom to a broken daybed (to go) and raises to the standard bed level. But since the daybed metal frame is about gone, what do you suggest for another frame. I don't want headboards, footboards, or boxsprings. And what do you suggest for a corner table if I need one? Thank you

Comments (11)

• Belle La Vue
    11 years ago
    Do you have pictures?
  • Belle La Vue
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    A corner table would be nice. You could put a nice lamp on the table to read by, and guests would have a place to put a drink of water or book. When you make the bed orient the head of the bed toward the table end. Since the table will not be that visible, I would try a simple style like parsons type corner table. Check out Ikea, Bungalow 5 etc...
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    These are sometimes called "bahama" bed sets--that is head to head with a square table in the corner serving as a double headboard:
    Studio EA | David Hertz Architects Inc. · More Info
    11 years ago
    Hi
    Are you using the beds as seating primarily, or more for beds? If for seating, I would not use a table and place them perpendicular like you said. If not, I think a corner table would look better and the beds would function better.
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    When my boys were young they also had an L shaped bedroom. I bought two twin beds with 3 large storage drawers underneath, and bookcase headboards. I set them at right angles to each other but not head to head because one night they would fight, the next night they'd keep each other up with yapping. Instead, I put one headboard on the long wall, and the other on the short wall with the foot of this bed near the head of the other.
  • ikwewe
    11 years ago
    I agree, corner table arrangement will work best. Now, about the bed, you have a trundle that the bottom bed can roll out and pop up to full bed height, right? Something is broken, I can't tell what. The top bed is broken? The bottom bed frame is not working right?

If the bottom bed frame will pop up and stay, you can still use that, maybe get under it with some wire and framing to stabilize it if it needs it. The top bed, what is wrong with it?
  • PRO
    Virginia Hendrick Haddad
    11 years ago
    Just drew the corner configuration to scale and it leaves only 2 feet from the foot of the right bed to the bathroom door - it looks really tight on paper. Got quote on plantation shutters today - that was very expensive to do both windows (they are 60" wide windows) still considering the idea of a trundle bed or draping the wall. My favorite is the L shape with the corner "box" to act as a night stand. Have I mentioned that the windows look out on nothing? The shutters will stay closed ALL of the time! You all have given me so many great ideas. I can't wait to get down there and play with the configuration once all of the workers are gone!
  • emjfla
    10 years ago
    Have you finished this... any pictures? I have a similar situation for a small guest bedroom that I also want to put a roll top desk in (which I already have).
  • Mary Lou
    9 years ago
    Where can I buy a twin corner bed with table?
  • rcnj
    9 years ago
    Marylou, PB Teen has a store-it bed and corner unit that you can buy together or separately. See http://www.pbteen.com/products/store-it-bed-and-corner-unit-sets/