Need help on placing two twin beds in L shape in small guest bedroom
prisbent
Hi, is it necessary to place a small square table in the corner placing the beds next to it, or do I move the beds directly up to each other in the perpendicular position? Hope that question makes sense. Also, I would like to use what I have which is a trundle with a spring bottom to a broken daybed (to go) and raises to the standard bed level. But since the daybed metal frame is about gone, what do you suggest for another frame. I don't want headboards, footboards, or boxsprings. And what do you suggest for a corner table if I need one? Thank you
Bonnie
Do you have pictures?
October 18, 2012 at 8:57PM   
Bonnie
A corner table would be nice. You could put a nice lamp on the table to read by, and guests would have a place to put a drink of water or book. When you make the bed orient the head of the bed toward the table end. Since the table will not be that visible, I would try a simple style like parsons type corner table. Check out Ikea, Bungalow 5 etc...
October 18, 2012 at 9:00PM   
A corner dresser type furniture would provide enough clearance to replace a headboard for both beds.

October 19, 2012 at 7:19AM     
These are sometimes called "bahama" bed sets--that is head to head with a square table in the corner serving as a double headboard:

October 19, 2012 at 7:50AM   
7768
Hi
Are you using the beds as seating primarily, or more for beds? If for seating, I would not use a table and place them perpendicular like you said. If not, I think a corner table would look better and the beds would function better.
October 19, 2012 at 8:28AM   
When my boys were young they also had an L shaped bedroom. I bought two twin beds with 3 large storage drawers underneath, and bookcase headboards. I set them at right angles to each other but not head to head because one night they would fight, the next night they'd keep each other up with yapping. Instead, I put one headboard on the long wall, and the other on the short wall with the foot of this bed near the head of the other.
October 19, 2012 at 8:36AM   
ikwewe
I agree, corner table arrangement will work best. Now, about the bed, you have a trundle that the bottom bed can roll out and pop up to full bed height, right? Something is broken, I can't tell what. The top bed is broken? The bottom bed frame is not working right?

If the bottom bed frame will pop up and stay, you can still use that, maybe get under it with some wire and framing to stabilize it if it needs it. The top bed, what is wrong with it?
October 19, 2012 at 8:38AM   
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
Just drew the corner configuration to scale and it leaves only 2 feet from the foot of the right bed to the bathroom door - it looks really tight on paper. Got quote on plantation shutters today - that was very expensive to do both windows (they are 60" wide windows) still considering the idea of a trundle bed or draping the wall. My favorite is the L shape with the corner "box" to act as a night stand. Have I mentioned that the windows look out on nothing? The shutters will stay closed ALL of the time! You all have given me so many great ideas. I can't wait to get down there and play with the configuration once all of the workers are gone!
April 10, 2013 at 3:54PM   
emjfla
Have you finished this... any pictures? I have a similar situation for a small guest bedroom that I also want to put a roll top desk in (which I already have).
August 14, 2013 at 9:08AM   
maryloumullin
Where can I buy a twin corner bed with table?
July 1, 2014 at 11:29PM   
rcnj
Marylou, PB Teen has a store-it bed and corner unit that you can buy together or separately. See http://www.pbteen.com/products/store-it-bed-and-corner-unit-sets/
July 12, 2014 at 2:10PM   
Need help decorating my outside patio
Need accent pieces or throw pillows to accentuate this...
What color accent pillows
What color accent pillows should I use to tie my living...
What kind of countertop is this in m/bath
What is the material on this countertop?
Ugly black stone fireplace!
We just purchased a brand new house and my husband...
Under cabinet hood or range hood ??
Please guide me what will be best option to put hood...