How do I brighten up the kitchen
ajj
This is my kitchen. A new one. So I won't do any major renovations such as changing cabinets or counter tops, or tearing down walls. I recently had a hardwood floor installed and it's in EBONY color. The picture is before putting the new floor. What was I thinking. The kitchen's even darker now. But I like the similarity in color between the counter top and the floor.
What should I do? Painting the cabinet white as my friends suggest would be the only solution? I'd want to avoid it if possible. The kitchen's facing north and the breakfast area is facing west. But I don't think I ever get a good sunlight in the kitchen any time of the day .

Also I have one specific question about cabinets hanging up in the air between the kitchen and the living room (2nd pic, on the left.) I can see the bottom of the cabinet (wood, unfinished) pretty clearly. It kind of gives "still under construction" feel. Is it what's supposed to be? Or there's something that should have been done there? What should I do with it?
PH Interiors, LLC
You definitely need to have someone "finish" the underside of that cabinet - cabinet company should have done this. As far as brightening up the room, paint and fabric are the way to go. You could paint the base of the island and get roman shade in a coordinating patterned fabric - something liveley. Another coodinating fabric could go on the chair seats in the dining area.
2 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:10AM
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi amzjess, Marie here.

Too much dark on dark - the light has no where to bounce, it just gets absorbed into the dark cabinetry, flooring and countertop.
You need white quartz countertops, white backsplash and both under and up flex lighting on your cabinetry.. I had the exact same issue with a north facing kitchen with very dark cabinetry - below are photos of the end result - which made it into a magazine spread after I renovated it!

If you can't (or won't) get rid of the granite countertops, then add white backsplash with up and under cabinetry lighting. And, change out that kitchen pendant for something with more personality!

Good luck with your project.
3 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:23AM
ajj
PH Interiors, LLC: Thanks! All the cabinets have the same bottom, but those are high up there so I notice it. I'll ask the builder about it. But after closing, they are just hard to reach ;-)
Marie: Thanks you have gorgeous kitchen. I wish my counter top's in a different color, too ;-(
I'll research "under and up flex lighting." I was going to get backsplash tiles but given my color scheme (dark floor:brown cabinet:dark countertop), just didn't know what to choose. So currently, the walls are tile-less.

General Question: I don't have pendants. Is it fairly easy to drill a new hole on the ceiling and install them? Or should I just recycle the current recessed lighting spots.
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 10:31AM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
You can finish the underside of the cabinets, but most stock cabinet companies today do not stain them the color of the cabinets. I guess it's a way that they have come up with to keep cost down.

I don't see any pendants over your island. That might help with light. If there is an attic above this space you may want to consider a solar tube.
2 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:32AM
ajj
Deborah: There an attic's above the breakfast area. Above the kitchen, it's just a bedroom.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:34AM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
bummer
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:38AM
sunnydayz826
OK ... I am going out into left-field here but I have a radically different idea. Depending upon your existing architecture and where your roof gets its sunlight during the day, you might want to check out http://shop.solatube.com/default/solatube-daylighting-systems. It's a way to let an enormous amount of natural light into a dark space. The solatube is about $500 and I don't imagine that it would be super expensive to have installed after that. I've heard very good things about them and I even saw them on an episode of "This Old House". When you consider the time, energy, and money that painting cabinets would entail ... along with not being able to use your kitchen for anywhere from 1-3 weeks while painting and curing goes on ... it's an option worth at least looking into. Good luck.
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 10:47AM
sunnydayz826
Ooops. Typing my comment as previous one was posted. Still ... check it out. It's possible that it could still be done somehow ... through the bedroom closet maybe?
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:49AM
ajj
Also, this is the recessed light I have. Looks a bit sad (and loose and empty) to me, but the builder swore that it's how the recessed lighting looks like. It's energy saving bulb so I appreciate the saving, but it's not very bright even after these are all turned on.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 10:50AM
ajj
sunnydayz826: I'll ask around. There's a closet right in front of the attic (or more like a door to an attic is inside the closet). Maybe having one between the breakfast area & kitchen would be effective enough.
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 10:59AM
crazylife
Well, lighting can compensate for a dark kitchen, especially under cabinet lighting if you don't currently have it. Finished panels matching your cabinets can be cut, glued and tacked with invisible brads under you cabinets. This is easy to do and won't be expensive to hire out if you don't wish to do the work yourself. Cabinet manufactures sell them usually as end pieces. You could also have thin plywood cut and finished to match.
I have more of a concern with the functionality of your kitchen. I know you don't want to remodel, but if at some time down the road you ever decide to, I would suggest re-doing the island granite. Aesthetically and functionally I think you should consider a lighter color granite with an overhang on one of, or both of the narrow sides of your island. A lighter color would lighten up the kitchen, the overhangs would allow you to have a stool(s) to sit on or an area for children's homework. To reflect more light, I'd do a honed white or light color granite or a Corian of some type. Personally, I'd paint the island base a dark gray, black or brown color, but you could paint it any color you wish that makes you happy.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:01AM
ajj
crazylife: Something I've never thought about but I'm intrigued...If not now (because of $$$), that would be something I can consider down the road. Overhang toward the breakfast area sounds great to me. The opposite side is where the traffic between a fridge and a range is, so I can't have it there.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:08AM
PH Interiors, LLC
You have a junction box in your kitchen ceiling - it's part of the recessed lighting installation. An electrician should be able to run wiring to pendent lights over your island. Might be the easiest solution.
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 11:08AM
ajj
PH interiors: Thanks much. My ignorance is my worst enemy.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:11AM
crazylife
Jess, I 'm pretty sure you could buy a larger bulb that will fit in the same 6 inch recessed fixture, but with a higher wattage. You may wish to measure the fixture and look carefully at the size of the trim ring. They are usually 6 inches but some 6 inch cans have 5 inch trim rings so the builder may have a smaller bulb in there than you would wish. Trim rings, and larger wattage bulbs can be replaced very inexpensively.
Best Wishes.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:22AM
PH Interiors, LLC
Jess, nobody is ignorant in this forum!! We all learn from each other.
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 11:27AM
crazylife
Jess, I just looked at your pic of your recessed can again. You can definitely size up on the bulbs. All the bulbs in my house completely fill the fixture. You should know that each can has a depth adjustment in it also, so if the new bulbs seem like they extend too far below the level of the ceiling, just turn the switch off, and carefully look in the can to see how to adjust the depth. They're all a little different, but usually there's a screw assembly in there. Your "builder guy" is starting to look like he deserves a slap in the face, either for incompetence or for lying. The island itself was half-assed,
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:46AM
ajj
I was just deleting my comment as it seemed harsh to portray the "builder guy" as a liar. But thank you for saying that for me. haha.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:48AM
ct design studio
Well it is a bit dark, some lessons are learned harder than others. So I will not suggest changing out anything because I know that just isn't feasible. I have to agree with the advice you are getting, had the same thoughts. Pendant lighting over the island and undercabinet lighting will really help. Don't get rid of the recessed lighting, you should have that for general lighting. You could also use a larger and jazzier pendant in the eating area. Keep your window treatments really simple to maximize natural light. A light colored, glossy backsplash will help finish out the room along with hardware, some color on the walls and fabrics. I also agree finished end panels and perhaps some moulding would finish out your cabinets above the passthrough. If the builder is not cooperative, just use a local dealer who carries your cabinets and order through them.
1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 19, 2012 at 11:54AM
ajj
Thanks! Should (or could) I get under-cabinet lighting for the cabinets above the passthrough, too? Just molding and no lighting there?
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 11:58AM
I think a creamy white glass backsplash that reflects light would brighten the space. Then paint the island that color too. I'd consider just removing those cabinets with the raw underbelly completely. It would make the space feel more open and bring in light. Then a couple of pendants there instead that coordinate with your new chandy with personality. Also, we put rope lighting hidden on the top of the cabinets. It really adds a nice glow to the kitchen.

1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 19, 2012 at 11:59AM
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi Jess, for the backsplash you should definitely use something in the lightest color found in your countertops. It's hard to tell from the photo what exactly that is (do you have a closer up photo or know the name of the surface?), but here are some examples of directions you could go. Something white or off-white in the color family of your counters would be best. But, not every "cream" is the same, you'd need to have it matched to your counters and double check samples to make sure it has the right undertones. If you can post a closer up photo (or email photos to susan@susanjablon.com) I can help you find the perfect match and get you samples of what you like! We also have great options with iridescent and mirrored tiles, which will add sheen on top of the lightness and really bounce some light around the space.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 12:01PM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Just a tip. If you want to get undercabinet lighting, please do it before a backsplash is installed. It will be much easier. After the backsplash is in, it would be very difficult since the wiring was not run that way originally.
1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 19, 2012 at 12:02PM
crazylife
Jess, this is off-topic, but you may wish to start a "conversation log" documenting conversations with this guy. Make sure you have a pen and paper handy if you ever meet with this guy again. Make sure if he promises you anything verbally, you politely ask, "Oh, could you just write that down for me and sign and date it please?" I have met many, many guys like your builder, you may wish to start protecting yourself, just in case.

Best Wishes.
Diane
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 12:04PM
p.s. if you remove the high cabinets, if you install the tile from the counter to the ceiling would look great on the now "empty" wall.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 12:04PM
ct design studio
Yes, you should install under cabinet lighting in the pass-through, otherwise it will be a dead space.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 12:16PM
ajj
Susan: The color's called "Tan Brown." Black & brown.
Diane: Great idea.
Darzy: Another great idea. I'll think about it.
Deborah: I'd absolutely do so. But out of curiosity, does that mean that wires can go over the wall/under tiles, not behind the walls?
ct design: Got it. Thanks. I guess they should be prettier ones than those I can install under other cabinets.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 12:20PM
ajj
Tan Brown image I found. Very similar to these.
0 Likes   October 19, 2012 at 12:38PM
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Jess, thanks for the photos. Out of the first four photos I posted for you I would still recommend the one on the bottom left - a warm cream tile with iridescence. Here is also a cream bone subway tile and a creamy square tile with a hint of warm marbling. A warmer hued cream will work wonderful for you! Let me know if you'd like some samples or assistance customizing a backsplash to your style!
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 1:03PM
crazylife
Jess, re:lighting. Call an electrician first. Here are my thoughts but there may be better ideas from the other posters and the electricians you speak with.

1.) If you have to have electrical work done, consider moving the plugs (duplex outlets) to a strip mounted under your cabinets. Holes from moving outlets do not have to be filled perfectly since they will be covered by the back splash tile if you decide to tile. Much cleaner look for your back splash area.
2) Under cabinet lighting. For the pass through, you might like the look of halogen puck lights. Wires will be hidden when bottoms of cabinets are finished. For the other wall, you may wish to look at the LED strips. Great reviews, but more obtrusive. May need to do an extension of the bottom trim of the cabinet to hide the fixtures a bit more.
Personally, I love the Cream Bone colored subway tile choice for the back splash. Timeless, and classic. Should look great for years.
Take Care.
Diane
1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 19, 2012 at 1:32PM
redheadedwmn
It looks a bit "unfinished". I would suggest a backsplash in light color with some shine. Paint the room and change out the light bulbs to the new LED ones. The LED bulb is sealed and comes with the ring so it will look more finished with much brighter, white light.

And how about some under cabinet lights? They would look great with a glass tile backsplash!
1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 19, 2012 at 1:37PM
ct design studio
All your electrical needs to be done before the tile work. Things can be moved, holes can be cut and patched easily. No, the wiring cannot go underneath the tile, it will be in the wall. You will benefit from having someone in who can give you an idea of your options, as far as types of lighting available, how it will look and cost. The moulding crazylife was referring to is called light rail and it will help hide the lighting fixtures and give your cabinets another detail. Good luck!
1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 19, 2012 at 1:39PM
ajj
OMG, thank you thank you! All of your guys are truly awesome. I think I know what to do now, and I'm glad I was not crazy hating the recessed lighting & the unfinished pass through cabinet.
1 Like   October 19, 2012 at 1:48PM
ajj
Follow up question: My husband does not like the look of glass tiles. Some of you guys said I NEED glass tiles for the reflection of light effect.Other tiles that don't have gloss (like stones) would work as long as I have very bright under-cabinet lighting?
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 7:36AM
Kitchens By Woody's
I think any light tile would be fine, though a reflective surface would be better. you could also try lining the bottom of the cabinets with a thin sheet of stainless laminate to make it look finished and serve as a reflective surface for under cabinet lighting. Also, I would order a bottom molding from the same manufacturer of your cabinetry in the same finish. That will help finish it off. Your granite is also reflective so I think the under cabinet lighting will def. brighten it up. You might also add lighting under the toe kick area of your base cabinets and above the upper cabinets as well to brighten those areas. Pendants above the sink and island also a good suggestion. I honestly think your main issue is lighting and "finishing" the kitchen...
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 8:27AM
ajj
Kitchens by Woody's: Thank you so much. Lighting (cabinet lighting & pendant) & finishing bottom of the cabinets are two things top on my list. "Stainless laminate" is something I'm unheard of. So thanks! I'm learning so many things here :-)
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 8:40AM
Kitchens By Woody's
its made by formica, the same brand that makes laminate countertops, but you can buy it by the sheet and its basiclaly just a thin laminate that can be cut and applied to almost anything.
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 25, 2012 at 8:44AM
ajj
Here's my floor color, by the way. Pictured somehow yellowish but it's darker & more of a black color in person. See the stairway railing on top. That's the same color as the kitchen cabinet color.
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 8:46AM
Kitchens By Woody's
I love the colors, but then darks are my personal pref. As a designer, very rarely do I do a kitchen with dark floors, dark cabinets, dark tops. I dont think you need to go to the extremes just yet (painting your cabinetry, changing countertop) try the lighting first, you will be amazed at the impact it will have on everything. Be cautious when choosing countertop accessories as well. Nothing too dark or heavy feeling. Another thing I noticed, are you adding cabinet hardware? That alone can brighten up the cabinetry and give it that finished look.
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 8:52AM
Mastercraft Design Inc.
LIGHTING AND SOME TRIM are really the biggest improvements that are necessary. Undercabinet lighting and perhaps adding a wall sconce that sheds light both up and down on the wall section next to your pass through. For the under cabinet solution, most cabinet manufacturers, stock ones included, can sell you finished paneling and "light rail", which is a trim that would cover the ends of the paneling and also may help you integrate the under cabinet lighting into the area where the cabinets are up higher. Several "hockey puck" style under cabinet lights could be drilled into the finish panel so they sat flush (Otherwise you will go from not liking looking up at the bottom of the cabinets to not looking up and seeing the lights and wiring) Also, I found some special energy saving bulbs that provided more intense light without upsizing the wattage. This was a must since I used the small recess light fixtures that were only rated for 60 watt bulbs due to heat.
Hope this and the other comments help.
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 25, 2012 at 8:53AM
Kitchens By Woody's
Another thought, if you have can lights directly above the sink or island, they make pendants that literally screw right up in to the can light fixture and have a trim on them that hide it....
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 25, 2012 at 8:56AM
ajj
Kitchens by Woody's: I know. Exactly. Dark, dark, and dark.. In my defense, someone I bought the house from chose kitchen cabinets & the counter top. I chose the floor and I could not give up dark floor (I guess I should have?).. lol So it was more of a collective effort to make the kitchen very dark.
I have a recessed light can right above the sink but for the island, someone needs to drill holes. Yes, I need suggestions on knobs, too. Modern knobs do not seem to go well with my cabinets so I was just thinking unnoticeable satin nickel ones from Loew's?
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 9:01AM
ajj
Mastercraft Design: Wall scones! Couldn't think of it. Thanks much for detailed explanation. That REALLY helps. Some of what you said is not what I can exactly picture in my novice head but definitely what I need when I talk to an electrician.
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 9:02AM
ajj
]

Would this work for the breakfast nook?

Besides, are Howchow area rugs of high quality? Is a rug made of both Wool and Viscose good? In general, are Viscose rugs good? Why are they so expensive?
0 Likes   October 30, 2012 at 12:59PM
Kitchens By Woody's
I love the chandelier! And it will do well over a table, as the shade directs most of the light down. As for the rugs, typically Viscose is the least expensive of the synthetic fiber rugs. I'm not a fan of synthetics because of the fire resistance (not good!). Wool tends to be the most expensive (this is why brands such as Karastan use them) and is naturally stain and fire resistant. As for a rug made of both, hmmm...that's a tough one.
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 30, 2012 at 1:10PM
ajj
]

So for example, Howchow wool rugs that look pretty (to me) have this shiny viscose accents.
0 Likes   October 30, 2012 at 1:23PM
Euro Style Lighting
We think lighting could brighten your kitchen up! Like, maybe some pendants over the island... Let us know if we can help or if you have any questions about our products. :) http://www.eurostylelighting.com/chandeliers-category/pendant-type/small+13+22+in.+wide-size/search.htm
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 30, 2012 at 1:30PM
Kitchens By Woody's
Ah I see, I think overall the quality of this rug should be fine. They used the viscose to get the different texture in there...
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 30, 2012 at 1:33PM
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
May I say I love your kitchen? Once you determine the direction you are going with the lighting, back splash, pendant lights and hardware - adding kitchen accents in vibrant whites or brilliant greens will help bring this space to life! Please post your finished work - its a fun part of this process - to see the transformation from before to after. PS I like your moxie!
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 30, 2012 at 1:34PM
ajj
Kitchens by Woody's: Thanks! RELIEVED!
Euro Style Lighting: You have a great selection of lighting fixtures!
Paradise: Thanks! I sure will do. I am at a snail's pace, though. The only thing I did for the last two weeks was replacing those recessed light bulbs with larger ones bought from Costco. lol
1 Like   October 30, 2012 at 1:47PM
whiskeyrobot
more recessed lighting (it isn't even turned on in the pictures). You could throw a light colored table runner over the island and drop down some light colored pendants over the island as well. You could also replace a couple of cabinet doors with framed glass ones and add in-cabinet lighting where you might keep light colored dishes, glassware, etc. Even just moving into the space will brighten it up by giving it a lived in look. A light colored tile backsplash is all well and good, but its not going the kind of difference you're probably looking for.
See attached images of light shaded pendant lights and light colored table runner over dark surface.
Superior St. Residence
Dining Room
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    October 30, 2012 at 1:57PM
whiskeyrobot
BTW, you do NOT need glass tile for REFLECTION of light. Anyone who is telling you that is wrong. You need something non-glossy to DIFFUSE light to add more brightness to the room. Any course in lighting design will explain that the darkest surface is black and glossy texture, while the lightest surface is white and matte texture.

And don't get down on yourself about the dark floors. I think it was the right decision, and does well to take anchoring priority away from the cabinets. You can definitely work with what you have.
1 Like   Thanked by ajj    October 30, 2012 at 2:02PM
ajj
whiskeyrobot: I've moved in and have stainless-steel appliances along with all the clutter (why I'm postponing to take a new pic) :-)
Good to hear that non-glossy tiles would work (even better?) for me. "Black and glossy texture"--> that would be my countertop. haha
0 Likes   October 30, 2012 at 2:15PM
City Cabinet Center, San Diego
The bottom of those short cabinets hanging from the soffit should have been finished. You should hire some one to finish them, or you might be able to install a wine glass rack there, if that's a look you are willing to entertain. Also the reason why you don't get get sun in the kitchen ever during the day is because the sun shines from the south and travels east to west. Maybe hang some pendant lights above the island. What type of hardware were you thinking about?
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    November 2, 2012 at 11:45AM
FRED HOFFMAN ARCHITECTURE
Hi, so here's the good news. You have created a space that can be a back-drop to a wow factor. This is a time to be bold. Start with an exciting colorful light fixture. It should be modern or at least contemporary. Use the colors from the light fixture to guide you in some large colored counter top pieces: bowls, containers.
I would do red orange and yellow. Please consider hiring a local interior designer for an hourly consultation
Good Luck. Be Bold This space can take it!
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 3, 2013 at 11:59AM
ajj
Hello again experts. Should I get rid of the short cabinets above the passthrough? I'm thinking that may make the kitchen more "open" but also wonder if that makes the whole kitchen a bit awkward? I'm also not sure what to do with the ceiling above those cabinets..
0 Likes   September 6, 2013 at 1:43PM
ajj
Is it fairly easy to "rearrange" cabinets? The microwave/hood is not as strong as I expected. Can I move the microwave and cabinets above it to the right and install a wall mount range hood? A carpenter can do this?
0 Likes   September 6, 2013 at 1:46PM
BacksplashIdeas.com
If you are short on cabinet space, you wouldn't need to remove the cabinets above the pass through. Although, if you can live without the cabinets, the movement in that space would look lighter without them. As for your ceiling, you could install a 2x4 Glue-up Decorative PVC panel with the look of tin. Try www.yourceiling.com to view other images. See below for a few ideas of what they have for the metallic finishes!
0 Likes   September 6, 2013 at 1:57PM
Add roman shade to wi Dow in a light color like yellow and white print.chevron is fun. Add a stainless mosaic backsplash. Are appl stainless? If so all should be fine once in.
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 2:39PM
Donot paint new wood cabinets. They are beautiful once you get window cover and appl in with a reflective backsplash like stainless, it's all good. Cabinet that looks unfinished have contractor come back and do bottom. That's not right. Also place same backsplash on wall where pass though is. Window covers on all furn. Will give you a finish look. Wood floors will be fine. Stop 2 nd guessing yourself, it will look very nice.
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 2:44PM
I just realized you have been asking about this since Oct of last year. Micro wave is fine. You could have glass put in doors beside sink. Have you done anything?
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 2:46PM
sharpkl
Even tho your kitchen is darker than you expected I think it is beautiful. I do think if you added some pendants above your island it would brighten it up considerably.
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 3:23PM
ajj
I have not done anything yet except for changing bulbs to larger ones *sigh* Not liking the pass through..
0 Likes   September 6, 2013 at 3:30PM
djacobs88
So one of the designers on the show property envy had an interesting take on dark rooms. She said everyone is always trying to fight them-she says rather than fight them see the darkness as an advantage and go with it! Dark rooms can be jewels! It's like if you have curly hair and you're always trying to make it straight. Just go with the curls! It will be beautiful and dramatic.

That being said, I also like counters, cabinets, and an ebony floor sounds super sexy. What a perfect backdrop for pops of color or pops of metallic!
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 3:57PM
Unravel Design
I'd recommend selecting reflective materials that will help bounce light around the space. I've been seeing mirrors, stainless steel sheets or brick patterns as back splashes. Pendant lighting will definitely help or even under cabinet lighting.

Another idea would be to have glass fronts for your upper cabinets, with mirror as the backing. This leaves room for an accent color/mosaic tile for your back splash.

Good luck!

Smart kitchen storage design
Kitchen
Kitchen renovation project in Palo Alto
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 4:49PM
0 Likes   Thanked by ajj    September 6, 2013 at 5:03PM
My home is naturally dark. How do I brighten it up?
I have very few windows and in my main rooms, they...
How can I brighten up my black and white kitchen?
I have a classic black and white kitchen and I am looking...
HOW DO YOU BRIGHTEN UP 1920' SMALL TILE FLOORS
Can you brighten up old ceramic tile floors in bathroom...or...
How to brighten up a kitchen that doesn't have windows
My windowless kitchen has white cabinets and taupe...
Wainscoting Advice Needed
Our new brownstone has approx. 20 ft of wall until...
Hosting Thanksgiving
I am hosting Thanksgiving, but feel like my dining...
Paint color advice for basement teen room please
Ideas for paint color back wall is going to have a...
Urgent Please Help : Cream Tile or White Tile
I need to decide shower tile color and countertop color...