I know this is a Waterstone faucet, but could you tell me the exact finish of the metal? It is hard to tell.
cowboyy
October 19, 2012 in Photo Questions
Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
Hi Cowboyy- the finish on the faucet in this photo is Waterstone's Antique Pewter. We considered using an antique copper finish, but since we already had other finishes in the room (stainless appliances, ORB cabinet hardware, etc.), we decided it was better to stick to a classic finish at the main sink.
October 24, 2012 at 4:33pm     
gharris8
Heather, do you mind giving me your opinion about what faucet finish I should choose? I also decided to purchase a Waterstone faucet, Towson line. My current cabinet hardware is black. Attached are photos of my countertop and cabinets. Does Pendant lights have to match the cabinet and faucet finish? Thank you for your help.
December 31, 2012 at 6:32am     
Hi gharris:

I would be happy to help you but for some reason I'm not able to see your photos of your countertop and cabinets, which makes it hard to help. Although your hardware is black, black is not generally my favorite finish for faucets (it shows water spots and dust), and no, the pendant light doesn't HAVE to match the cabinet hardware and/or faucet finish. Try again to post the photos, and I hope I'll be able to see them-
January 2, 2013 at 4:26pm   
OKay, now I'm on a different page, and I can see your cabinet and granite photos. It looks like your style is more traditional, and for this reason I would try one of the "antique" colors like antique copper or even antique bronze. Black would match, but it would look contemporary--I don't know if that's what you want.
Good luck!
January 2, 2013 at 4:29pm     
gharris8
Yes, my style is more traditional. I'll pick one of the antique finishes from the Waterstone line. Thanks for your help.
January 2, 2013 at 5:15pm   
You're welcome- (Post some photos of your finished kitchen, when you get there. It's always nice to see what other people's projects look like.)
January 2, 2013 at 5:47pm     
gharris8
Heather, I like the antique pewter and distressed antique pewter finishes in the Waterstone line. I also like the distressed american bronze (DAMB) finish. The DAMB finish color coordinates well with my granite counter tops and cabinets as far as color is concerned but I also like the antique pewter finishes. I have stainless steel appliances and a stainless steel sink. As the picture shows, I have black cabinet hardware that I would like to change to an antique pewter or bronze finish. What do you think about the antique pewter and distressed antique pewter finishes?
January 8, 2013 at 9:52am   
In answer to your questions about Waterstone faucets and Waterstone's antique pewter finishes, the faucet in this photo is an example of Waterstone's antique pewter finish. What's nice about antique finishes in traditional spaces is that they mix well, I think, with other antique finishes--so you can have, for example, antique bronze, copper, and pewter in one room: the antiquing sort of blends them all together. (I'm not as keen on the "distressed" antique finishes from Waterstone, as the distressing consists of small dents and spots that look, well, distressed.)
January 8, 2013 at 11:32am   
gharris8
Ok. Thanks so much. I am having a hard time making a decision. I just don't want to make any mistakes. The faucet is expensive.
January 8, 2013 at 12:39pm     
Backsplash tile w granite
Having to pick granite and backsplash from afar. Granite...
Should we buy this?
My bf and I have been looking for months for a new...
Exterior paint colors
For our doors please!! Hi, we just had out landscape...
Determining paint for exterior door and side lights
What factor(s) determine painting exterior door and...
Entry Way Help Needed
Trying to get new ideas for the entryway. The left...