Original house
mywonderfulbeautifulhouse
October 20, 2012 in Photo Questions
If you can, please, tell me the original size of the house? And the size it is now? And, also, where were the additions made?
Thank you, very much.
Smith & Vansant Architects PC
Hello,
The original house square footage was 1,476 (738 sf on two floors). The new house is 2,135sf. From the vantage point of this picture, the room you are in is part of the original cape, and the porch posts out the left window are part of the porch connected to the original ell. North of the ell we took down a rotting garage and replaced it with a new garage (250sf not included above) with a studio above (included above) and mudroom, office, powder room and back porch below.
Hope that helps!
December 10, 2012 at 2:39pm   
dundason
Hi there - I LOVE this house - I think every room has somehow been added into my various ideabooks! - wonderful job! can you tell me please the paint colour/maker used for wall and trim? many thanks
November 13, 2013 at 4:06pm   
Smith & Vansant Architects PC
The paint in this house is from the Donald Kaufman Color collection (by Pratt & Lambert). The creamy walls in this room are DKC-16, in a Latex Eggshell finish and the trim is DKC-51 in an Alkyd Satin finish. Glad you like it!
November 22, 2013 at 10:05am   
Great room is dark - should I paint ceiling?
My great room is large 15 X 20 but dark. My husband...
Need help with baby room colors!!
I love eclectic bright baby rooms. I want my baby girls...
Bad staircase design...please help!
We are not around to monitor our new build, and ended...
Backyard Ideas
Hi I recently pulled out bushes that our builder had...
Is it possible to get a four piece bathroom in this space?
Hi, at the moment we have a situation where we want...