Need help with window treatments
kellieharden
I need help with window treatments. There are a few problems that I'm dealing with and need advice.
1) The window isn't centered on the wall.
2) The right window meets the joining wall without any room for a finial to fit on a rod.
3) The right corner wall joins a bathroom so when I close the bathroom door the previous drapes were either stepped on or got caught in the door.
4) The room is low light (northern exposure)
5) The room hasn't been painted but the walls were just textured and need to be painted with a complimentary color for the custom bedding I just had made. (See Photo)

Thank you!!
yvonnecmartin
I love your new bedding and have no specific comment on the colors for the walls or drapes.

Mount the drapes at the ceiling and have them pull to the left all the way to that wall. You will need to move your bed and tables a little, but it looks as if there is room to do so.
1 Like   October 24, 2012 at 12:16PM
rachelbe
I would add a furry rug on the floor...warm up the room
0 Likes   October 24, 2012 at 12:21PM
You don't need to have a finial on the right end. Saw that on HGTV!
2 Likes   October 24, 2012 at 12:23PM
Fenstermann LLC
I would use these slim profile shades, they can be as transparent as you want. Since they are 3/4 inch thick, they should not be any problem. Drapes pair nicely with them as well.

If you don't want drapes, these panel blinds could be a good option. They have a modern look, and serve both purposes.
0 Likes   October 24, 2012 at 1:11PM
Bellagio Custom Drapery
Do a 1-way draw rod, that stacks on the left. Mount the rod at the ceiling. If you want a decorative traverse rod, just use what they call an "inside mount" bracket on the right side by the bathroom door. It would be also be ok to use that on both sides and make that whole wall drapery. That would be my suggestion if I were consulted. Also, if you want, you could use an unlined linen, which will let some light in, when closed. But if people sleep in there you might want to provide more darkness, so you could line them also. The more layers of fabric (lining, interlining, face fabric) the more light blocking. In bedrooms we usually use lining (maybe even black out lining), interlining and face fabric, This provides enough darkness for anyone to sleep in late :)
1 Like   October 24, 2012 at 1:17PM
Shutter-Up Blinds & Shutters
I would do shutters and then do an accent wall behind your bed!
0 Likes   October 24, 2012 at 3:50PM
Lorena Cela
I would do floor to ceiling drapes for the whole window wall (preferably mounted on the ceiling). It gives the illusion of symmetry where there isn't. As far as fabric, something linear, maybe soft long stripes. Maybe you can pull a soft brown from your bedding color. I would paint the wall behind your headboard a darker shade than the rest of the room and put a gorgeus starburst mirror in the middle. That would make it a feature wall and take the negative attention away from the windows. Good luck!
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 6:16AM
CellularWindowShades.com
Honeycomb shades are also low profile and attach at the top inside of the window frame. The light filtering fabrics do let in light and add some softness that would feel cozy with your bedspread (which is a nice texture, pattern, etc.) Check out free samples, there are tons of options, you can make the best decision by seeing/feeling the fabrics first hand. http://cellularwindowshades.com/swatches.html
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 6:31AM
vineyardflute
Is privacy an issue at all? I too, would use profile shades as suggested by Fenstermann. You could top them of with a pretty swag or Roman valance for color. You did a beautiful job on your bedding.
0 Likes   October 25, 2012 at 6:47AM
Need help! Lots of windows and need help with window treatments
Sorry about the lack of pictures... But, this is my...
Need help with window treatment ideas for lv rm window seat window
Hi, I am trying to give my living room a more polished,...
Need help for window treatment for 2.5 metre by .5 metre window
Please advise me on how to treat a wide, high window...
SD- Bow window.Need window treatment help
Have a bow window made up of five- 19" windows that...
Need help with window treatment for a bay window.
This is the window of my formal living room. My furniture...
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...
Kitchen Advice? Cosmetic updates to make dated kitchen more modern?
The house is 1931 Spanish Revival but we are looking...
Bathroom renovation
So we will be re doing our bathrooms and I wanted to...
Too cramped, and dark.
I would like a baking center, and a coffee center.
oil or stain new interior doors
installing new knotty alder interior doors id like...