Complete remodel needed - front facade ideas would be helpful.
samarie2000
We are doing a complete remodel. A two car garage needs to be built in front, with living space above. Likely going to add a second story over just the existing footprint or at least a shed roof. We don't want the garage to be the focal point, but rather would like to visitors and passersby to see either a nice porch to the left side of the new room about the garage and, at minimum, have visitors have a clear idea on how to get to the front door. Because it is close the property lines, we cannot do anything wider. Any ideas would be most welcome!
carolannr
I assume you would be cutting into the hill to put in the new garage - continue the peak up and further toward and going over the front door would allow you to have a covered walkway to the door. This would accent the whole front of the house and allow the new garage to be less obtrusive. Vertical siding on the garage and posts along the created walkway to anchor the roof of the overhang will make it all look like you planned it that way!
1 Like   October 26, 2012 at 3:24PM
The scope of work is quite large and require professional help for the design. In the mean time, you can search through images for ideas on what style works for your lifestyle.

0 Likes   October 26, 2012 at 5:07PM
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
This is a substantial project for the layout; make sure the return on investment is there! Consider all your options – in this economy a move to a two stall garage home ‘might be’ better in the long run.
0 Likes   October 26, 2012 at 5:52PM
carolannr
I agree. With the price of existing homes and interest rates at such low levels, you maybe able to find an existing two car for a great price. But, then you proably would have to sell this one. If you love the neighborhood and do not think that the added costs to upgrade to a two car would make your home an elephant in your current neighborhood, I think you could work with a design-build firm to get costs in line with a rate of return you would be comfortable with. Generally, I think the costs of adding an extra garage plus extra bedroom/bath suite upstairs are returnable at about 87% when you do sell.
0 Likes   October 26, 2012 at 6:06PM
HELP!! Need Ideas for Complete Remodel of 20 Year Old Home
We own a home on 1.5 acres across the street from beautiful...
Need help with exterior ideas on complete 50's ranch remodel in Atlanta.
So my wife and I are in the process of completely remodeling...
NEED IDEAS FOR A COMPLETELY NEW FACADE!!
Just purchased a fixer upper, and want to change the...
Need Design & Idea Help Entire front & rear of my HB home remodel.
Bought my 1st home in Huntington Beach, decided to...
need better idea for front facade
i want a modern contemporary house. not too noisy...
How should I update this Kitchen??
The decor is from previous owners. What should be the...
What Kind of Professional Do I Need?
I am considering doing a major renovation of my house...
Kitchen Advice? Cosmetic updates to make dated kitchen more modern?
The house is 1931 Spanish Revival but we are looking...
Cambria Quartz
Has anyone experienced any problems with the Cambria...
need advice with my double drum light for my kitchen
i bought a 25 inch double drum light from restoration...