how does the cost of caesar stone compare to granite in general?
lindseypinder
October 27, 2012
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Granite Grannies
Caesarstone is usually more expensive.
    Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 10:34AM
townetile
Not actually true anymore since most of the granites these days are exotics...this was the case when the industry relied on staple colors like Baltic Brown and Giallo Veneziano...the average for granite slabs in California is around $1,500 - $2,500, and most Caesarstone is between $1,100 - $1,500.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 4:48PM
PRO
Granite Grannies
Most granites are not exotics. It they all were, then there would no longer be any such category. When I price exotics, Caesarstone comes in just below them. Those numbers are extremely high. I could buy twice as much Baltic Brown for how much Caesarstone costs.
    Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:02PM
townetile
Huh, not sure where you live, and really, Baltic Brown? That color has been dead for 10 years outside of the midwest. Now for real numbers... Forget exotics, I took the first 27 colors in Northern California's largest slab distributors price list, averaged them out at a an average margin for our industry and that number was $1,559.00 per slab. If you take the average price of a Caesarstone slab at the same margin it runs $1,132.00. This says that Caesarstone is on average 28% LOWER in cost, by the book and by the numbers. This does not even take into account that Caesarstone and Cambria are the most expensive of the Quartz products, most of the others like Silestone, Quantra, and Cortstone are even less in cost. I suppose being the Granite Grannies, pumping Quartz products is probably not a good business model, but lets at least be honest to the consumer.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:42PM