how does the cost of caesar stone compare to granite in general?
lindseypinder
October 27, 2012
Granite Grannies
Caesarstone is usually more expensive.
    Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 10:34AM
townetile
Not actually true anymore since most of the granites these days are exotics...this was the case when the industry relied on staple colors like Baltic Brown and Giallo Veneziano...the average for granite slabs in California is around $1,500 - $2,500, and most Caesarstone is between $1,100 - $1,500.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 4:48PM
Granite Grannies
Most granites are not exotics. It they all were, then there would no longer be any such category. When I price exotics, Caesarstone comes in just below them. Those numbers are extremely high. I could buy twice as much Baltic Brown for how much Caesarstone costs.
    Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:02PM
townetile
Huh, not sure where you live, and really, Baltic Brown? That color has been dead for 10 years outside of the midwest. Now for real numbers... Forget exotics, I took the first 27 colors in Northern California's largest slab distributors price list, averaged them out at a an average margin for our industry and that number was $1,559.00 per slab. If you take the average price of a Caesarstone slab at the same margin it runs $1,132.00. This says that Caesarstone is on average 28% LOWER in cost, by the book and by the numbers. This does not even take into account that Caesarstone and Cambria are the most expensive of the Quartz products, most of the others like Silestone, Quantra, and Cortstone are even less in cost. I suppose being the Granite Grannies, pumping Quartz products is probably not a good business model, but lets at least be honest to the consumer.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:42PM
Would concerns of radioactivity in granite dissuade you from using it in your home?
I've stumbled upon this article while researching countertop...
michblue
HELP! I fell in love with granite I can't afford...
I had no idea as I went shopping for granite that no...
glovely
Rookie mistake may cost me money
I chose one of the new Formica counter tops (ala Corian)...
Chencha 1
tanian
Does this grout install on this tile backsplash look bad?
Help! This is the second time we had tiles installed...
Tracey O'Brien
Great/Family room help
want to update and brighten space but stuck. I would...
lmayo
Tile size
I HATE the current ceramic tile in my hallway and am...
rebscrap
Window treatment suggestions?
Hi Houzzers, should mention the eating area will be...
Melissa Felber
Any artwork you can recommend on my wall?
I've been looking for a while (3 years) and am still...
rickster88