Hugger Ceiling Fan in white
redheadedwmn
While I do hate the look of ceiling fans, I've come to the realization that I must have one in my kitchen area. To help with air flow; in the summer it will just be nice to have. We're almost finished with our remodel (tile backsplash to be installed and lighting needed). We are doing a few can(recessed) lights with a smaller ceiling fan in the middle. It must be a "hugger" style so that it doesn't hang down past out header for a cleaner look. Any suggestions on a modern looking model for under $200? Open to it having a light or not. We're using LED can lights so lighting won't be an issue. Room is on the small side, so 48" or smaller blades will also work.
I don't like ceiling fans either. But, if ya gotta have it...here is a modern stainless steel "hugger" for low ceilings...almost in budget. : )

October 29, 2012 at 1:58PM     
redheadedwmn
Thanks Darzy, that's not too bad looking! I'll add that to my list of possibles. Thanks!
October 29, 2012 at 2:21PM   
TanCalGal
Several designers have recommended these. I have no personal experience, but they look good. http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/minka-aire-f518-wh-concept-ii-flush-44-inch-ceiling-fan-34778.htm
October 29, 2012 at 6:53PM     
olldcan
I'd check the CFM rating on my hood fan and replace it with a better one before i'd have a ceiling fan. A hood fan with a really good CFM will make an amazing difference
October 29, 2012 at 7:00PM     
ATGStores.com
Hi RW! You can find a wide selection of hugger ceiling fans priced at $200 and under here (http://www.atgstores.com/hugger-ceiling-fans-low-profile-ceiling-fans_83.html?&option0=optionA=141677|8419~Valu&price=100), and we've also provided a few examples based on your photo and finishes that we thought would help. Good luck!
October 31, 2012 at 2:22PM   
HELP our house look nice! Exterior home advice please!
We are looking to repaint the shutters and front door...
Kitchen cabinet color suggestions
Hello! What color do you think would look good for...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need help updating stairway wall - it's carpeted
We're doing a total kitchen remodel: right next to...
Living room dilemmas! I need suggestions
I've been struggling since I moved into our condo with...