triszam
January 26, 2011 in Photo Questions
What is the color and maker of this paint?
Castro Design Studio
Hello, and thanks for taking a look at our work!

This is a Benjamin Moore color. I believe it is Simply White 2143-70 or Moonlight White 2143-60.

Every color looks slightly different on site than it does in the store. I recommend you buy a few samplles and try them out before making your final choice.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions.
January 27, 2011 at 7:16AM     
triszam
Maybe it's the lighting, but this room looks gray and the paints you named are yellow tones. Are you sure about the paint colors? I don't mean to be a pest. It's just that this room is one of the most beautiful, peaceful rooms I've seen. I've looked at literally thousands of rooms. This one is my favorite. The color and balance are just right. The drapes are gorgeous. The fireplace is stunning.

Do you do long distance consultations? My husband and I hope to purchase a new home in a year. I would like to hire your company to choose paint, window coverings, etc.
January 27, 2011 at 12:46PM     
Castro Design Studio
Thank you for the compliment, it is very flattering!

I am not 100% sure about the paint colors, but they had a hint of green, like the ones I mentioned. I can tell you that they look very different on a wall, as opposed to the little swatch on a paint chart.

If you lean towards the grey family, a fabulous color is "apparition" by Benjamin Moore. I believe it is color 860. You can do it in a half or quarter tone if it is too dark.

I would be happy to help you in any way I can. I have to confess that fabrics are not my strength. These were chosen by the client. If there is something I am unable to do, I can refer you to one of the interior designers with whom I usually work.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.
January 27, 2011 at 1:14PM   
myrastromquist
Providence Olive by Benjamin Moore
May 29, 2013 at 5:51AM   
triszam
It is really irritating to see people like myrastromquist going around leaving such obviously wrong paint colors. I can only assume they are intentionally misleading or legally blind. The question of color, which has already been answered, was posted to the designer not some random person.
May 29, 2013 at 7:23AM   
myrastromquist
:) I'm the homeowner that chose the color and indeed it is Providence Olive by Benjamin Moore!
May 29, 2013 at 7:30AM     
harlowd
is it a satin or semi-gloss finish?
March 27, 2014 at 1:15PM   
myrastromquist
We used a flat finish for the wall paint.
April 1, 2014 at 11:26AM   
harlowd
We went and purchased a sample of the Providence Olive and it was very dark, as dark as the drapery. We're confused! I'm more inclined toward the designer's recollection unless we just got a bum sample. Thoughts?
April 1, 2014 at 5:39PM   
Castro Design Studio
I would definitely go with the home owner's information. If it is too dark for you, you could try a "half tone" of the color.
April 1, 2014 at 5:56PM   
myrastromquist
Providence Olive was chosen to coordinate with the drapery and is indeed darker than it appears in the photo. (Builder had a professional photographer take the photos so there was quite a bit of artificial light). The ceiling was painted to coordinate by mixing some of the Providence Olive into white, so you might want to ask your paint shop to tone it down to see if that suits you better.
April 1, 2014 at 6:12PM   
Landscaping
I need help with some landscaping. Possibly some boxwoods...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Need help for designing bedroom for my young girl(16).
Its total empty and plain bedroom 14"-15" I want to...
Front doors.
What would be a good color for our front french doors?...