What kind of knobs/pulls for my kitchen?
erika672
We updated our kitchen on a limited budget. We had to keep the original (ugly) orange oak builder grade cabinets and tan tile floor. In a effort to make those things look better we put in white quartz coutertops, stainless steel appliances, floating shelves, and clear glass tile backsplash. What type of knobs/pulls should we add? Thank you!!
Barnhart Gallery
Chrome de la chrome.
October 31, 2012 at 2:48pm   
I would select something simple in brushed nickel. See photos below.
October 31, 2012 at 3:18pm   
ATGStores.com
Excellent work on the countertops! Pewter or weathered nickel may also look great given the wall and appliance colors. Most people would be tempted to go with a brass, bronze or gold finish for those cabinets, but don't feel trapped! The sky is the limit (http://www.atgstores.com/cabinet-hardware-sets_16687.html?linkLoc=topnav) and we've picked out a couple that might help you get creative. Good luck!
October 31, 2012 at 3:18pm   
I would never have been tempted to go with brass, bronze or gold finish! Stick with some variety of silver, such as brushed nickel, to go with your plumbing fixtures and appliances.
October 31, 2012 at 3:20pm     
ceilsan32
Something in brushed nickel/stainless/chrome with an arc shaped handle will mimic the handles on your dishwasher and oven. If you feel more adventurous, try a small black knob on your cabinets, which mimics the black on your microwave/oven. If you wish to repeat the white, try knobs in white. All depends on your personal preferences. Even something in beige/tan to coordinate with your flooring would work with your cabinet color.
October 31, 2012 at 4:36pm   
Chandani
White metal. I think nickel tends to have a warm/yellow undertone, so I would go with stainless or chrome.
October 31, 2012 at 4:42pm   
anitajoyce
I would add brushed nickel round knobs to the cabinets, or you can mix it up and add brushed nickel rectangular pulls to all the drawers.
October 31, 2012 at 4:46pm   
Yes, the normal mix is knobs on the doors and pulls on the drawers, with two pulls of extra wide drawers. But sometimes we put pulls everywhere! More so in contemporary than traditional.
October 31, 2012 at 5:00pm   
October 31, 2012 at 5:00pm     
nevadan
Leave as-is. Putting hardware on these cabinets will only draw attention to them.
October 31, 2012 at 5:45pm   
nevadan
October 31, 2012 at 5:45pm   
anitajoyce
I think the knobs would add a nice updated touch to the cabinets. They are nice cabinets, but they look as though something is missing from them.
October 31, 2012 at 5:49pm   
Interior Expressions/ Nardelli Home Decor
October 31, 2012 at 5:50pm   
They need some jewelry, don't they!
October 31, 2012 at 5:51pm     
I would also paint the white shelfs in the stainless, the make stainless steel paint.
October 31, 2012 at 5:54pm     
Michelle Chamberlain
I would go with brushed nickel to match the appliances and faucet. Lowe's has inexpensive in-stock knobs and pulls, buy a few different if you aren't sure, take them home hold them up, before you drill :)
October 31, 2012 at 6:00pm     
Mint Design
Simple brushed nickel is timeless and Interior Expressions suggestion re the shelves would also be a nice touch. :)
October 31, 2012 at 6:01pm   
erika672
I finally put up the knobs and pulls in the kitchen. Thanks for all your suggestions! I went with brushed nickel and used pulls on the drawers that mimics the appliance handles. I also like how they are shiny like the glass backsplash. Hope it looks good (I think so).
May 7, 2013 at 6:07pm     
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
wall paint dilemma
So i'm a 20 year old girl and i want to paint my medium...
Kitchen Paint Help - Mannequin Cream?
So, I have a large kitchen in a big old house. The...
staircase..white or oak?
I have painted the spindles and trim going up the stairs...
How often do you use "Fine China?"
Do you have a lovely set of fine China stowed away...