My client and I here in RI are researching a "wow" top treatment for her coastal home and came upon your work.
SSP Designs
November 1, 2012 in Photo Questions
Your Under Water Wave cornice has inspired a similar design but how is it fabricated? Do you fabricate this yourself or are you having fabricator's create your idea with templates layers of fabric. I am aware that you do not need to share your creativity but some insight into fabrication would be greatly appreciated. Susanne, Exciting Windows! By SSP Designs, Susanne St. Pierre 401-451-7708
CREATIVE DESIGN TEAM-Marya Flurnoy
Hi Susanne, Thank you for your interest. We are fabricators, as well as a design firm. The wave treatment is created with a templete that we come up with. It is done in three to five layers, depending on how much depth you want to show.
What I usally do is design my pattern to size. Because of the curves, it takes 2 , sometimes three of us to pull back and staple Since they are each individualy fabricated, there are several styles we create. The cost is 55 to 75 a ft depending on how many layers.We ship out of state or I can create a pattern and instructions for custom sizes. Good luck and let me know how you do. Marya
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 12:36AM
SSP Designs
Marya, thanks for your immediate response. My client must have a design with a shaped bottom but I can see why you need structure to pull layers back to secure. Is each layer outlined with roping that is glued on? I would also presume that you need fabric choices that are stable. I have selected 2 of the 3 that we hope to use. Design can be a challenge because I am dealing with 2 windows at 110" each and a 40". What are your thoughts?
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 5:38AM
CREATIVE DESIGN TEAM-Marya Flurnoy
Yes, it is a challenge.....I am out from the studio today. When I get back I will post more wave treatments. We are actually doing 4 windows right now, widths ranging from 210" to 79" inches. They are all wave treatments. The trick is to sketch out the treatments as if it is one continuous treatment.
Even if there is a break/space between windows. and layers are glued and stapled, sometimes we alternate. Fabric should be strong poly, or cotton blend. Something like Duck. I will get you more photo's by Monday.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 5:50AM
SSP Designs
Marya~I dropped the ball on this for a while but my client is still interested in seeing more photos of how you handle the design on her wider windows, 110"-112". Unfortunately my client has her heart set on fabrics that are faux silk. I will need to convince her that if she wants this design, we will need to select more stable fabrics. Please post the treatments that are for wider windows, as you spoke about a few weeks ago. Thanks.
Susanne
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 5:33PM
CREATIVE DESIGN TEAM-Marya Flurnoy
Hi Suzanne. What a perfect example of two designers working together across the country! We are delighted to have worked with and are waiting to see pictures.Thank you again. You are awesome!
1 Like   August 3, 2013 at 10:52AM
Need help with my lamp shade issue
lamp shades for classic crystal lamps in bedroom
Leida Bartmess
"Clashing finishes"
I am having dark espresso wood finishes on some older...
kikiabanks
How to hang a hanging light?
I think I need a hanging light above our dining room...
_megan_
Mobile homes
Why are new mobile homes so dated when tiny homes can...
dallasgraduate
Need help for my kitchen.
Would like to remodel this outdated kitchen to modern....
lucrecia411