Look at this mess
anderson357
What could be done here I'm only thinking one thing replace the floor this was caused by shotty workmanship you should see the water purification system instead if stopping the leak they put plastic bins under it. and this is all by a company in lacombe, Alberta by the name of wet water industries
olldcan
So, what does wet water industries say can be done here?
November 7, 2012 at 8:45am   
Wow! That is a mess. I would send this picture to the Canadian BBB or Contractor's License Board if Wet Water Industries doesn't respond. No way would I put up with that and I wouldn't let them off the hook either. I would be their worse nightmare.
November 7, 2012 at 8:51am   
anderson357
The owner of the house has been trying to call them then leaves a message and no one will call him back. But when he was trying to get a water purifier in the house it took them 10 years to come do it and I'm trying to call them too but no answer so I'm gonna go to the office and see if I can talk to someone
November 7, 2012 at 10:26am   
Lynn
I do not know your laws in Canada. I have a current situation to tend with this winter and have been advised to send written letter to company along with photo's and a time limit in which the company should respond which 10 business days was advised and not unreasonable. Then advice was given that after the ten days, if no response or negative response in addressing a solution, to then file a small claims against company for 35.00 and proceed with it if necessary. With documentation of work done w/ company receipts and current photos of problems, you are usually awarded and compensated without having to hire an atty, and you must ask for your current 35.00 back as well as any other court fees that the company has or will cost you should they have to appear in court.
They advised once they are served with small claims suit, companies know you mean business and they have thirty days to correct or it WILL hit the court dockets and a date will be set for hearing.They usually never want it to get that far and will usually fix the problem way before it ever gets to that.
I am willing to spend the thirty five dollars as the cost currently to fix our problem is over $ 1000.00 in materials alone let alone hiring someone to do it. Money well spent I say.
November 7, 2012 at 10:43am   
My dear, if you have mold building there, that is an extremely dangerous health issue. If your landlord gets no results, call your Dept of Health.
November 7, 2012 at 1:00pm   
olldcan
This is YOUR LANDLORDS RESPONSIBILITY regardless what, wet water industries is doing or not doing.

There is 3 different ways to tackle this:
1) Call the Ab board of health and report this. They will come and check this out. If there's no danger to your health you'll be able to stay in the home while under repair. If there is potential danger to your health, you'll have to leave. Your Landlord will receive written notice and a phone call and X amount of time to fix this back up. Once fixed, because this is the real issue he can go on his merry way and try to collect back funds from wet water industries or sue them.
2) You and your Landlord or you alone call Trouble Shooters, CTV News out of Edmonton. That gal is ruthless, she'll chase down wet water industries. Probably give your Landlord a kick in the pants too.
3) Report your Landlord to the Alberta Landlord and Tenant Board.

Seriously, your Landlords a terd if he thinks that this is okay. This is simply not acceptable for it to get to this point and he's still trying to point the finger instead of address the repair, get real. My husband and I turn ourselves inside out and backwards to ensure every tenant has a clean, well maintained place to call home. Yes, we've encountered our share of shotty trades people and have paid the bill only to turn around and call another to fix the BS from the first trades man. Bottom line is to keep our tenants happy, we've had some for 23 years..... and counting!!!!!!!!!!!
November 7, 2012 at 6:44pm     
anderson357
Yeah but there is a thing about this guy he is a relistate agent and he try's to cut corners everywhere for example he built shelves under the kitchen sink using aluminum fascia nails and they bent over. He covered holes with calking and the holes were like over 2 inches wide its just a mess
November 30, 2012 at 7:59pm   
olldcan
Dosen't matter if he's a real estate agent or the queen of england. In Alberta, there are laws to protect tenants and landlords and a health board that would love to see this disrepair.
November 30, 2012 at 9:15pm   
Bathroom disaster
To me, this is a discombobulated mess. (Glass shower...
Need help for my mid '90's kitchen!
See post below for explanation.
Need help for mid'90's kitchen!
I've had the house for 3 years now and I'd like to...
What color of hardware for my new cabinets???
I have been looking at hardware for weeks and can't...
White paint
What paint would you consider the purest white?