Can you do a red and real kitchen with yellow walls?
msantodonato
Can you do a red and teal kitchen with yellow walls?
Anta Design Studio
Nooooo do not do that. if you are already set for red and teal kitchen use grey or some neutral color for walls so your kitchen pops instead of fighting with wall color.
November 3, 2012 at 9:45pm     
msantodonato
Here's the problem. I want to do teal and brown in my living room. It is open to the kitchen. I wanted to do yellow walls with pops of red in there but it won't flow.
November 4, 2012 at 5:13am   
Not only won't it flow, yellow with pops of red will make it look like a McDonald's. Anta is giving you good advice to go for more neutral colors if you are using teal in the living room and it is open to the kitchen.
November 4, 2012 at 5:29am     
Red and Teal is fine, but the yellow might be over the top.

November 4, 2012 at 6:38am   
creeser
Could you do brown walls in the kitchen or would that close it in? If it works, then you could do yellow and teal accents.
November 4, 2012 at 6:42am   
middleofnowhere
That's so funny. Those are the colors I want to use in my kitchen! The key is choosing the correct shades that go together--that's hard! I'd say go for it!
November 20, 2012 at 12:38pm   
Stoneshop
I agree with feeny--red, yellow, and teal will definately convey a "McDonalds" vibe. Choose what color you like best between red and yellow. You could do a soft, buttery yellow on your walls if you are okay with getting rid of the red accents in the kitchen.

Whatever route you choose, be sure to keep your major components neutral (as seen in Dytecture's photo). If possible, do not make your cabinets or countertops a wild color. If you ever want to switch things out or sell your home, it will cost alot of money to change those pieces. Bring in color through your backsplash or accents. It will make things much less of a hassle down the road.
November 20, 2012 at 12:45pm   
Help with design and furniture arrangement in new house!
Hello - We are moving into our new house next week...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
Bad staircase design...please help!
We are not around to monitor our new build, and ended...
changing my room
I want to change the decoration of my room totally...
Books By Color?
Another book display question. Years ago we were given...