roblev
January 30, 2011 in Photo Questions
What sort of carpet is this (wool, nylon?)? manufacturer? Price, if you don't mind telling....thanks
aspano321
i am curious as well, but i see they never responded. I understand the hunt for the perfect new carpet though, so thought i'd throw in my two cents.

I have been shopping around for carpet and have seen something similar to this that i love. Check out Lowes- Mohawk carries a Carpet named Abbott Cove. it looks almost identical. (note: lowes has different names for manufactors carpeting than other stores, so it is difficult to price compare etc.., so if you go looking for it elsewwhere, you won't find it under that name).
March 16, 2011 at 1:19PM     
20thsammy
Home Depot has a Martha Stewart carpet that looks like this too. Made by Shaw. Was contemplating using it for bedrooms. Try searching the HD site for Hillwood.
March 27, 2011 at 12:34PM   
shalalannon
This looks very similar to Shaw "When in Rome" in Sisal. http://www.shawfloors.com/carpetDetails/When_In_Rome_Q4431-Raffia
It is a beautiful classic carpet and should wear well.
October 19, 2011 at 7:28AM   
marcycarmen
Just looked at similar carpet by Anso-Caress called "Laurelwood". Color called "Sisal"
February 16, 2012 at 8:26PM   
mom23girls
I totally found this carpet! It's Mohawk Carpet Metro Magic. Search under google and many companies carry it. It's a polyester, which is not as durable as nylon, but it is soooo soft. We're putting it in our guest room.
March 7, 2012 at 4:10PM     
cknation14
This looks a lot like Home Depot's Martha Stewart carpet, Hillwood.
March 7, 2012 at 5:25PM     
Leader by Design
Looks like Mohawk Etchware, which is a Smart Strand fiber - no staining, no Scotch Guard and one of the most environmentally friendly to manufacture. Color may be Rich Walnut.
February 26, 2013 at 2:57PM     
safemommy
I am obsessed with this carpet and I tried to find it based on the above suggestions and I agree that Home Depot's Martha Stewart Hillwood looks very close if not exact. Not sure what the color choice would be. The carpet is made by Shaw and I would bet if you could find it elsewhere it would be half the price without the Martha Stewart endorsement. It was $4.88/sq. ft. uninstalled at Home Depot!
May 12, 2013 at 4:06PM     
mindybeckwith2008
Let me know what you think of the quality once installed. I had this installed from Empire and within days, the loops started coming out. Very upset. I had it replaced with something different
May 12, 2013 at 5:05PM   
safemommy
I won't be going with it. For the cost it is overpriced. May look nice in the photo but I don't see it holding up. I agree that the loops could easily lift. Still looking for the "real" manufacturer...
May 12, 2013 at 5:39PM   
coventgardens
"This looks a lot like Home Depot's Martha Stewart carpet, Hillwood."

$43/square yard - no thanks!
July 15, 2013 at 4:40AM   
Carrie Luse
We are going with Shaw Thorton Mannor, Dunes and Field Stone.
March 3, 2014 at 10:43PM   
Carpet Installation Cost
The price ranges from $15-$45/square foot of nylon carpet of the simplest to the highest quality.
http://www.carpetinstallationcost.org
September 7, 2014 at 8:21AM   
What do you guys think about this furniture arrangement?
I always wanted to add two spaces one for us to watch...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Need help with odd window in master bedroom
I need ideas for a narrow window, it now has blinds...
Need to pick paint color by Monday!
Trying to decide on paint color for most of house....