Having a hard time picking a color for pine trim!
snckrdl
Hello, Houzz Community! I am trying to pick a neutral paint color - a soft brown - for my office. It gets tons of natural eastern light in the morning and is big. It's currently a soft cream, and the room just looks... cold. I really want to warm it up, make it cozy and contemporary.

We have beautiful pine trim throughout our house. Not only would my spouse divorce me if I painted it, but I really don't want to paint it. I want the room to stay neutral as possible, but all colors I seem to pick just meld with the wood and don't "pop" at all. I want the paint color to be darker so the room warms up a bit but I suppose I'm a little scared of seriously DEEP colors.

I attached a picture of the living room, which shows the trim.

Thanks for any help!!
Try a deep green - think trees, wood, forest. Should make the trim pop.
November 5, 2012 at 5:38pm   
snckrdl
I'm also open to other suggestions for paint color! I was thinking of an deeper red-brown, maybe...
November 5, 2012 at 5:39pm   
Collective Construction & Interiors
Check out Lexington Park paint color...it;s a Green.Gray gorgeous..would be beautiful w/your trim...it has enough color to be diff but yet will go w/all...we use it alot to add warmth to a room without making showing itself as a dominate color
November 5, 2012 at 5:41pm     
Collective Construction & Interiors
As you can see from the photo, the lamp shades are the same color as your trim:)

Good Luck,
Lisa
Collective Construction & Interiors
November 5, 2012 at 5:42pm   
If you look at the picture I've attached, you can see this room has paneling about the same color as your doors and trim. The wall color is "grawn". Some samples here: [houzz=Media Unit 002887]
[houzz=Benjamin Moore Cowboy Boots 1015 Paint]
[houzz=Benjamin Moore Ben Paint, Davenport Tan HC-76]
November 5, 2012 at 6:04pm     
snckrdl
I do love the grays - especially the grawn.... would it still be warm in there?
November 5, 2012 at 6:23pm   
Yes! It would still be warm in your room with grawn! I would suggest buying a few of the $3 pots of paint in different grawn shades, then paint some poster board with the paint samples and move them around your room at different times of the day to see how the natural light affects the color. Then you will know exactly which grawn is right for your room.
November 5, 2012 at 6:29pm     
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
Property Line Disputes?
Ever have any issues with neighbors and property lines?...
flooring
Shoul I install hard wood flooring or laminate flooring?...
Master bedroom lacks balance!
Hello! I have a long size bed and night tables that...
Rug for a round dining table
We have a 5' round glass table (with same base.) The...