alicew
January 31, 2011 in Photo Questions
Do you need to have a headboard on your bed?
Annie Thornton
In short no. Structurally it is not essential for you to have a headboard...I don’t. Just make sure that you have some form of a frame, whether it be the metal frame that came from the mattress store, or a diy project involving cinder blocks and plywood.

As far is whether or not you need a headboard for your bed to look good or complete, then absolutely not essential. This all depends on your personal preference. I like the minimal, low profile effect that comes with no headboard. The design is all focused on the bedding and everything around it. Sure a solid carved oak bed is beautiful, but minimal simplicity is beautiful as well...and very cheap.

If you are going with the all metal frame, then I suggest buying your duvet extra large so that it will cover the frame and go to the ground. Here is a nice example of that:

living space

On the subject of this photo, I really like they way the throw pillows have been modified into an almost headboard. With no headboard, you can use anything from a mirror, to some driftwood, to an upholstered piece of fabric as a headboard stand-in.

Tricia Rose
CrystalTech - [ Roger Hirsch Architect ]
INTERSTICE Architects
January 31, 2011 at 4:49pm   
Imagine Living
This particular bed - Milo by Europeo - comes with the headboard and integrated lights. If you are looking just for a simple platform bed without the headboard, the price is about half.
February 2, 2011 at 2:27am   
Backsplash Hell
My fabricator failed on multiple levels and I do not...
I need lighting in my dining area.
The table cannot be moved because it would block the...
Need Tile Color Ideas for White Kitchen!
So, my husband and I are building our home and we have...
Which wood floor should I choose?
We are painting our den paneling Bleeker Beige by Ben...
OH LORD HELP!
My house was destroyed in Sandy. Finally trying to...