Transitional Design Dilemma -- lighting and dining in open concept living/kitchen/dining
aspennester
Aiming for MODERN VINTAGE GLAMOUR for remodeled '70's home in Colorado high country. Dark Oak rought sawn floors, white celing beams painted out, Modern all white, thermofoil full overlay cabs, Zodiaq 'Whitney' counters, Blanco Silgranit white sink, 'Pure Silk' Ann Sacks penny backsplash and a white reclaimed barnwood accent wall. The dining table/chairs adjacent proving difficult decision:

1) Thinking traditional shape, soft light /whitewashed modern color? -- Z Gallerie 'Rencourt' or 'Archer' with benches. And a Focoult orb light of some kind?

2) Or more modern table like Z Gallerie's 'Timber' contrasted with a traditional skinny, understated Belgian style wood chandelier?? Views thru dining are amazing and tightish for space, so want to keep the height of end chairs or other seat options low...hence benches etc.
houssaon
Here are pictures of some of your options: Archer Chair Timber Dining Table

The colored picture attached is Archer and the monotone is Rencourt.

I like Recourt overall.
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 8:29AM
Jonn Spradlin Design LLC
I"m sorry, but I'm missing the moder and glamour aspects of your desired look in the choices you have to pick from. I think that your place sounds really unique and maybe a little eclectic, which I think is great. Kitchen sounds like it's "done up". You obviously have a lot of wood, either stained or painted. Thats your texture. I would think you might want to consider a glass top table. I've seen a dining table at Dallas Market that has legs like the Timber Table, but an acrylic/lucite top. Kartell makes some really great looking clear acrylic chairs that you could use if you decided to keep the all-wood table look. My main point is that the word vintage is a tough one to achieve. I think it has to look collected i.e bought over time, to truly exhibit a vintage vibe. I just don't see modern in your choices, although they are all good furniture. I would suggest you mix things up. Do not by matching chairs with the dining table. I understand and agree with preserving the view with the bench, but the bench could have lucite legs if you have a wood table. I hope I have been helpful, if nothing else, maybe I helped to get your creative juices flowing. Best of luck!
0 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 7:19PM
Need help furnishing open living/kitchen/dining space
My kitchen living and dining area are essentially all...
Color Dilemma! Open concept kitchen/living/dining room
I'm moving into a very cute little house that has vaulted...
Need design help with open concept kitchen, living and dining room
Hi all! My husband and I will be moving into this space...
Lighting for open concept (kitchen,dining,living) room
Building a new home and starting to think about lighting....
New Living/Kitchen/Dining Great Room Layout for Lake House
One 30' x 30' room to be built. Nervous about kitchen,...
What exterior colour.
Help please.... We are repainting our house and are...
Need help room that serves as a sitting area and dinning room
I've had 3 different designers (not from houzz) that...
Front Porch without Character
We have an enclosed porch attached to our 1900 Colonial...
Help -blank slate for a kitchen...almost
We have inherited a large group of cabinets but don't...
wood, wood, everywhere: am i getting closer?
last summer i went on a dining room decorating binge...