Donald Gardner's Drayton hall w1238
katmimi
November 10, 2012 in Other
Interested in seeing photos of Donald Gardner's Drayton hall w1238 house plan interior and exterior. Anybody ever built it and can help?
daphnestem
I am in the process of building this house. It should be completed in a couple of months. I did alter the floorplan a bit to accommodate a barrel ceiling for the kitchen.
February 24, 2013 at 8:41AM     
Theressa Lannon
We are also planning to build this home.... Spring 2014. Please post your pics when you can.
June 16, 2013 at 5:19AM   
katmimi
Are a few pictures available for us to see. It would be very appreciated.
June 23, 2013 at 7:52AM   
Theressa Lannon
We have decided to build now.... I will post some pics when available.... Likely Jan 2014
September 10, 2013 at 9:01PM   
myriametmarco
Thank you Theressa. Have you seen any pictures from other people yet or seen this house built? Do not hesitate to share your " work in progress "pictures. Anything would be helpfull to us.
September 22, 2013 at 4:21AM   
myriametmarco
Katmimi is the author of previous message. 2 accounts on same tablet.
September 22, 2013 at 4:24AM   
That looks like a good floor plan in general. The only issue you might have is furniture placement in the great room with a breakfast bar against one wall and circulation space around half the room.
September 22, 2013 at 5:23AM   
loves2read
Personally I find that very compartmentalized--not an open floor plan. If that works for you that's great but lot of wasted space in getting to different areas...
Suggestions--
1--make sure you have a floor plug or two in the living area so that your floating furniture can have lights close to hand.
It will make tremendous difference since the light from window is away from where the center of the room is...and you don't want to run lamp cords on top of the flooring and then cover them with rugs..tacky and tripable...

2--consider enlarging the second den area by taking out that area with shelving next to breakfast area and taking the pantry space from inside the garage--that would give you more breakfast space and more space in the second family area...

just have the door open INTO the kitchen space and frame it inside the garage...IF THERE IS SPACE to park your car after doing that...
Personally most of the time you can have more useable pantry space with shallow, wide shelves vs. deep unless the pantry is truly deep and wide enough to add shelves AND walk in/turn around...what looks big on a floorplan probably won't be that big once it is built out...
September 22, 2013 at 8:07AM     
wkester
Those of you building this house--any pics you can share yet? We just started building it...
May 8, 2014 at 1:54PM   
tjforest88
Go to/google "GT Issa Facebook" and this builder just finished this as a St. Jude's giveaway
May 29, 2014 at 11:26AM   
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Need Help Finalizing My Kitchen/Nook
Hi Houzz! I am moving into our new build home and...
decorating style?
I need help figuring out my decorating style and what...
What color furniture should I use for this two tone blue room?
My entire house was a silver gray, and I was desperate...
New kitchen design
Attached are the plans for a new kitchen and extension...