Need inspiration!!!!
bug1076
Is it popular to paint wainscoting a dark color???? Mine is white now. Will dark colors look terrible next year?
B Fein Interiors LLC
Design for what you like - if you prefer dark wainscoting (as I often do), embrace it! Don't worry about trends - what's in/what's out - follow your preferences for your home. :)
4 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 9:20AM
Artisan Carpentry of the Main Line, LLC
Listen to B Fein- forget the word "popular" Also remember: what looks fresh and exciting at first often grows tiresome. Are you trying to anchor the room with a dark lower section? Make the room look taller? warmer? more masculine?
2 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 9:34AM
bug1076
Our house sat empty for a year while we lived in Arizona. Now that we are back my house feels Blah. We built it @ 10 years ago and it's been just about the same for all 10 years!!! I really need some inspiration and change!!!!!
1 Like   November 11, 2012 at 9:40AM
That's a lovely picture you posted and what makes the black and white wainscoting work, of course, is the rug. Without the rug or some other black and white influence, the wainscoting would be a "why did they do that" thing.
3 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 9:56AM
creeser
The only time I'd worry about what's 'popular' is when you're selling your house. For you, do what you love with it!
2 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 9:57AM
Rayco Painting
White is the standard color. I have seen beige and ivory. I personally like a color other than white because it wont blend with your baseboards and casings.
1 Like   November 11, 2012 at 9:58AM
greenthumb2
I am a fan of white paint for some applications but not trim. When we moved into a country house all the doors, all the base boards were chocolate brown. What? I paid a pro to paint all dark brown with sage/pear color and the walls an off-white. What a difference! Do a little bit and see if you like it. I think you will love it. I would also suggest the door frame be different color -- but that is just me. Like others have said. It is your home. Love it!
1 Like   November 11, 2012 at 10:07AM
yvonne_pinckney
Textures are nice. Try leather or grasscloth in a lighter shade. When and if u decide to sell best to have a neutral color. But while you live there enjoy what you like
2 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 10:15AM
Natalie
Totally agree with Carolyn---if that rug wasn't there then it would be BAD! Jarring... I prefer darker colors above the trim, rather than below. I just painted my dining area SW Black Fox on upper and SW Languid Blue lower and I love it! Have fun...
1 Like   November 14, 2012 at 10:12AM
Black Fox is one of my favorite colors. I've used it on all sorts of things!
1 Like   November 14, 2012 at 2:33PM
Need some inspiration here
My front room needs somthing I still want it to be...
Need some inspiration
My husband and I just moved into our house a few months...
I need inspiration for my hallway
Hi My hallway is pretty small, and I'm kinda bored...
Need some hall way inspiration
The walls are khaki and there are four bedroom doors...
Help me with my Den please
Room is 18 by 13. I'm thinking of having the fireplace...
kitchen backsplash
I am trying to pick a backsplash for my new granite....
Kitchen cabinets next to white shutters
I have white shutters in my kitchen and they are right...
What is the very best cookware that I should purchase on Black Friday?
I want to purchase a new set of cookware for my newly...