Glider thats NOT for a nursery?! Need a motion chair
Karen
Hi. So..... Im looking for a chair for my husband. He wants a "TV Chair" that either rocks or glides. Swivel would be a bonus. We're trying to decorate modern, and finding the right piece has been a challenge! If I dont find him something, he's going to buy the Poang from Ikea and I really dont want that, but agree we have not found a better piece.

It cant look like it could go in a nursery or be a big lazy boy type overstuffed piece. He's looking for something more modern than that. Price point should be $ 2000 less, a little more if we absolutely love it. (I did see a beautiful chair for $5000- but that's not doable) He also wants a comfortable chair with a high enough back to support the head, so a lot of the little rockers like at West Elm are out.

Any ideas? I think some nice chairs may have glides/ swivel, but sometimes its not well specificed in the description. So I feel there might be something good out there, we just arent realizing it has motion.

Thanks so much !
Cinnacracker
creeser
So you are NOT interested in recliners, right?
November 11, 2012 at 10:56am   
Karen
Well that would be a bonus but as long as it doesn't look like a traditional big stuffed recliner ...if u know what I mean.
November 11, 2012 at 11:06am   
creeser
I totally get it. Have you looked at lazy boys? They've got some high profile recliners that have a very nice modern look to them. They have a variety of fabrics, but I'd definitely look at the leathers.
November 11, 2012 at 11:25am   
Here's a swivel glider from Pottery Barn that, while technically built for a nursery, looks like it belongs in a living room. And the back looks higher than the ones you looked at on West Elm.

November 11, 2012 at 11:28am   
How about an Eames chair reproduction? The real Herman Miller chair is about $4,500. Amazon.com has a repro for under $1,000. http://www.amazon.com/Eames-Lounge-Chair-Ottoman-Reproduction/dp/B005UOVEMO
November 11, 2012 at 11:31am     
creeser
Look on here. I have sat in some of these and they feel fantastic: http://www.vitalitywebb.com/backstore/Fjords.htm?gclid=CKiRnq7Tx7MCFQ4EnQodDCIASg
November 11, 2012 at 11:31am   
Karen
Thanks for the comments. I just found this piece that might work! Its called a Ralph Rapson Bentwood rocker and looks like a higher end version of the poang!
November 12, 2012 at 9:53am   
ATGStores.com
Hi, Karen! We love the rocking chair you found! Contemporary rockers (http://www.atgstores.com/contemporary-modern-rocking-chairs_1017_s3.html?) are few and far between, so we wanted to add a couple more styles for you to consider. We hope you find just the right chair! Good luck!
November 12, 2012 at 11:14am   
creeser
Love that! I'm a huge rocking chair fan.
November 12, 2012 at 1:08pm   
Light colored leather glider recliner for nursery?
I'm purchasing a glider recliner for our nursery. My...
Help me purchase a glider for my nursery!
I am interested in purchasing a reasonably priced,...
Have you purchased a glider for your nursery from Target?
What is the best nursery glider ?
Am looking for a good quality glider for me n my unborn...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Is this horrible for a basement bath? If not, what color paint/wood?
We are contemplating this tile combo for our bath -...
Need help in designing a kitchen which is in front of house
This room in an 18th Century house should be a library...
Wolf/Viking or Kitchenaid?
Just got a quote for a 36" cooktop and hood, built...