Washer Dryer
nick4378
Looking for an electric steam washer and dryer. Reccommendations?
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi Nick,

I've had 3 somewhat recent clients who have all raved about the LG front loading machines. One of my clients has had them for over 3 years but just mentioned recently how pleased they were with them

~Steve
November 16, 2012 at 8:52pm   
mjd6750
The LG WM3470HVA is highly rated, with turbo wash and steam cycles. I picked this washer after week and weeks of internet searches for customer and professional reviews. Here's the link that helped me decide finally.
http://www.washerdryerinfo.com/content/LG-WM3470 HVA-4-0-cu-ft-Graphite-Front-Loading-Washing-Machine-Review.htm

Got mine in June this year. Fast, quiet and does a fantastic job of getting water out of washed clothes! I live in Las Vegas and didn't see a need for a dryer, not with triple digit temps in the summer which was when I picked up this washer. I've washed many queen and king sized duvet covers which I simply hung inside the house to air dry on my stairs banister. :-)

Holiday sales would be the best time for maximum savings. Home depot is good place to check and pricematch.

Good luck and happy hunting.
November 16, 2012 at 9:51pm     
Shawn Lagemann
I have the Samsung steam washer and dryer. I love them both. They have controls where they can be stacked, super large capacity, very quiet and fast. The wash cycles are very adjustable for soils, spin etc. with a prewash and extra rinse option. The soap trays are removable for filling (love that).
November 17, 2012 at 7:23am   
Margaret Phillips
If you are doing your research and reading customer reviews as well as repair sites it will be overwhelming after a while.
I dug into every brand, computer board errors, computer boards completely failing. You also have minor thing like having to have leave the door open because of mold and bacteria grows on the seals in particular. One item is you have to empty the well on the bottom of the washer where excess gunk is gathered. There is a little tray on the bottom of the front of the washer, this can get extremely gross after a while. How about those cleaners we see advertised and on the shelves in the stores. Refresh your washing machine means get that moldy smell out of your clothes and laundry room. Time? Laundry loads are taking 90 minutes, 100 minutes some are taking more than 2 hours of time. Energy savers? you are running a machine forever. Clothes are being sifted lolling around in a small amount of water. That be okay lots of clothes just need refreshing, but they are not being agitated for a real wash. What about real dirty clothes? Workout wear, gardening, stinky boys, just general sweaty stuff? Lots of people are saying they wash the clothes twice, okay now that is really a water saving feature, how about we w
November 17, 2012 at 9:00am     
Margaret Phillips
Are washing clothes twice!
When did computer boards become necessary for a washing machine? That is the biggest failure on new machines.
Where did the choice go for choosing a water level?
Speed Queen been around for over 90 years making commercial and residential machines. No computers, nine levels of water to choose from, government restrictions on water levels come in so the water level is lower than it used to be but you hit the rest button and fill to where you want it. Several wash types, extra thick Steele body (these are tanks), triple paint jobs so they stay shiny, stainless steel drums, NO plastic motor parts to fail, no stinky moldy smell in your clothes or laundry room, hot water is direct from your hot water line. The warranty is years longer on parts and labor.
You won't find Speed Queen at Lowe's, Home Depot or Best Buy. They are sold by distributors across the country. They really don't mind if they have to deliver a good distance because they know they won't be back for any repairs.
Style wise they come in one color white, no racing colors, no chrome, no blinking light, no songs come streaming out of them. They clean clothes. The best part they are made in America.
November 17, 2012 at 9:31am     
Monique Jacqueline Design
Margaret! You have triggered an interest here. I am going to look into this manufacturer! I completely agree with you in regards to several of your highlighted points!
Cheers!
m.
November 17, 2012 at 9:50am     
Kivi
Amen Margaret... I am fed up with computers in appliances. They are always the first thing to fail, and the replacement parts are close to the price of the original machine. I have vowed that my next appliances will be devoid of fancy electronics.
November 17, 2012 at 9:55am   
orangecamera
Another "Amen Margaret" from me!
November 17, 2012 at 5:34pm   
Rawni-Lynne Tearle
samsung love mine
November 17, 2012 at 6:06pm   
Bathroom Vanity Mirror Size and Frame Colour
I am having a mirror made for the area above the vanity...
How Bad Is Bad?
Well, the cabinet crew followed the drawings and completed...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
What's your best vintage find?
Finding a gem in a vintage or antique shop is better...