What is the name of the paint
Karin MarinPsy. D.
November 13, 2012 in Photo Questions
koolbeanzzzz
The name of the paint color is Classic Caramel. I never can remember if it is Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams though. Thanks!

P.S. -- My daughter is in her second year of a six year program in grad school working on her Psy. D. A lot of hard work to get that degree!
November 13, 2012 at 8:58am   
Karin MarinPsy. D.
Thank you for the name of the paint color. I found it and it is Benjamin Moore. What is the name of the white color? We are dressing up the front of our house and it looks something like the phote. We are putting pergolas over the two windows and may want to add corbels under the windows. We are thinking about painting the pergolas post a white color and the top a wood color. Our roof is an orangeish spanish tile. Any ideas for an accent color and what do you think about the pergolas idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Karin
November 15, 2012 at 7:32am   
Karin MarinPsy. D.
I am so happy I did the work to earn my Psy.D. I work in my own private practice and love the what I do.
Good luck to your Daughter and tell her one of the most important things she can do is find a great internship in an area of study that interest her the most and stick with it. Her referral base will come from that and will put her way ahead of the game when it comes time to start working. Karin
November 15, 2012 at 7:40am   
koolbeanzzzz
Hi Karin,

Glad you found the color. The white used on the trim is called Linen (Benjamin Moore). Everything you mentioned with your home sounds very nice. I would have to see pictures of your place to offer you input on an accent color. Why don't you post pictures on Houzz under "Ask the Community"? I'm sure you will get a lot of suggestions and good advice. I did this for a my living room where I was trying to decide on a sofa and I got a lot of great feedback.

Thank you so much for the advice for my daughter! It's very appreciated and I am going to let her know. She has been stressing so much, about so many things, and trying to get adapted to working with patients. She is heading in the direction of specializing in anxiety disorders and has been counseling patients with these issues. We also have a close friend who has her own private practice as well and has done fantastic with it. Thank you again for offering your advice and I wish you a lot of luck with your home projects. I have them going on all the time. They never end!

Take care.

Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. -- Let me know if you decide to post pictures on Houzz :)
November 15, 2012 at 8:49am   
Karin MarinPsy. D.
I would like to post a picture. How would I do that and how would you know my house?
November 15, 2012 at 11:38am   
Karin MarinPsy. D.
Is there an app for Houzz
November 15, 2012 at 11:39am   
koolbeanzzzz
Snap some pics, upload them to your computer. Go to this link on Houzz: http://www.houzz.com/discussions

That link is on the home page of Houzz. Scroll down and you will see it: Ask the Community .

Since I gave you the link above you can just click on it and you will see were you can post your design dilemma or question. I will start to follow on house so when you do this, I will be notified and can come and comment. But, I am not a designer and don't have any degree in design or architecture. I just love to landscape and decorate my own house. I like to call myself an artist because I LOVE to paint my own artwork for my home too. We are a house full of artists. Both my daughter's paint and my oldest has a minor from the University of Miami in Art. She was also doing sculpture while she attended and some of her work was featured in the UM museum. It was exciting. Anyhow, there will be other people, much more qualified than me, that will probably offer you great advise and suggestions.

Good luck!
November 15, 2012 at 11:50am   
What's your dream kitchen style?
Minimalist, farmhouse, traditional, rustic... Which...
Are cup handles out of date?
We have cream ("dove") distressed as well as cherry...
Dining room help! Dark with weird columns...
I need some help with our dining room...our house is...
Wall color???
What color should I paint the walls and trim? Bedspread...