Need Master Bath layout help

pattismcgeeNovember 13, 2012
We are in the process of deciding on a master bath layout for our redo.
It is 15'3" x 8'10" with 5 windows and cathedral ceililng. The fifth window is a small window at the top of the peak. I have attached some possible plans. #1-3 would allow us to leave all water supply lines relatively in place. Currently there are two separate vanities. They are currently the same size but look odd because the vanity extends over to 1/3 of the way under the casement window next to the shower. The asymmetry bothers me so if we put another vanity in its place, it would need to be 36 in or smaller. But having two different sized vanities also is bothersome.

One of my thoughts is to use a 60 or 61 inch vanity with double sinks btw the two windows then place a cabinet without a sink which would house makeup, hair supplies in the spot where the other vanity is currently. Perhaps 18 in deep and a 15 or 12 inch ledge extending from the cabinet to the shower and place a stool under. I don't know if that would be too much cabinetry for the room, too crowded appearing with double sinks, too asymmetrical.

I also want to incorporate a towel warmer in the design. The smallest I can find is 16 in wide so if the shower is kept to the right on entry that would limit the shower size to about 48 x 41 to allow 20 in wall space for the warmer.

A designer suggested plan #3 but that involves moving the toilet as well as the shower being seen from the master bedroom. While I like the symmetry, we are not sure the expense as well as boxing off the bath with a toilet closet (would use glass wall but the dimensions are tight and the toilet would be in front of the window) are something we want to do. Viewing a pretty shower is nice but invariably it will be messier than a vanity with mirror as the first piece seen on entry to the bath.

I would love your input in any way.

Thanks.
pattismcgee
I apologize, it appears my attachments didn't load. I will work on getting them loaded. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 10:57AM
Just a tip, if you keep the post to less than 10 lines you will get more responses.
    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 3:42PM
Madeline
Gee, dytecture, is that all you have to say? You usually have such thoughtful, appropriate comments to make...
    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 4:02PM
@madelinesdreaming, thanks for noticing, but this is a trend I am seeing with posts getting more lengthy.

I might be the first person to speak of this but just a heads up for people posting questions as designers here don't get paid to answer questions, so the shorter and more to the point posts are, the more professionals will be interested in replying to their situations.
    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 4:47PM
pattismcgee
I am very sorry for the lengthy post. I have included pics of the bath as is and will try to load the proposed designs tomorrow.
    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:50PM
pattismcgee
View of shower and rough drawing to show basic room dimensions
    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:53PM
Need help with new layout for master bath/bed
We are getting ready for a master bath remodel, and...
emvwdy
Master Bath Layout ideas needed
New construction. Need ideas for our layout. Would...
lindzeer02
Need help with small master bath layout
Creating a master bath from a very large walk in closet....
karynkae
Need Master Bath Layout Help
We recently added a large addition onto an older farm...
chelseajoann
Need help with master bath layout
Hello Houzz - I am relatively new here and just love...
Doria Tremante
Help with my living room
I would love to hear some ideas of how To decorate...
monicamb
Living room is too....blah :(
I just can't make this room work no matter what I do!...
kali_rae
Need help choosing an area rug for living room!
We recently moved in to the house. We painted the wall...
Natalia Chaparro
Help a tired, brick rambler out!! How can we improve the front?
Been in this house over 10 years and still can't figure...
gnickol
Bought country home need advice
We have bought a new country home that is 12years old....
Joan Stephenson