Need help for small guest room
prisbent
November 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I just finished painting the two dressers in this room, and added new hardware. I painted them a cool BM Titanium color, but could only find these dark handles and knobs to fit the serpentine drawers. What do you think? Also, if two dressers are too much for this room, should I part with them, and use a single old Ethan Allen dresser and mirror that I have? Please disregard hooks on wall until I know what I'm doing? Also, if you have any other ideas for decorating, I am open. Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
momsy
You could paint the handles with some of the great metallic spray paints. Bring them up just a shade or two.
November 13, 2012 at 2:12pm   
Keerthi Naidu
I love these dressers! Definitely keep them in the room - however, having them both against the same wall seems a bit awkward. If you could move the tall dresser against one of the other walls, that would help break them up.
November 13, 2012 at 2:40pm     
elklaker
Very cute. I think that I would use only the dresser with the mirror. Room seems a bit crowded and as it is a guest room, I would think that storage is not an issue. I would also consider larger artwork above the bed. The two seem a bit small for the wallspace. Perhaps you could add the third print (think odd numbers with accessories-3 or 5) from the other wall but hang all three closer to the headboard.
I hope this was helpful. Enjoy!
November 13, 2012 at 2:45pm     
dcer
I agree that you should only keep the dresser with the mirror in the room. Maybe you can spray paint the hardware one of your accent colors? It would look great. And I agree with larger prints for above the bed. Cute room!
November 13, 2012 at 2:51pm   
feeny
I actually like the contrast of the darker handles on them. I'm not sure about the wall color, however. On my screen it looks like a dull yellowish green--is that right? Any chance of painting it a pretty aqua or pale gray? I think pale aquas and grays are so lovely with shabby chic whites.
Dreamy Whites
J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio
November 13, 2012 at 2:53pm   
decoenthusiaste
The room looks too small for both - keep the mirrored dresser, not the chest of drawers (whatever happened to that term?)
November 13, 2012 at 2:54pm   
missymo
Possibly move the tall bureau into the closet?
November 13, 2012 at 3:12pm     
prisbent
Here's another thought: if I moved the highboy to the small wall perpendicular to where the mirrored dresser currently sits, the highboy would fit between the wall and the door, but it would cover the light switch. I could have it sitting out a couple inches, but would that be weird? And thank you for the takeaways so far of moving highboy to closet, repainting walls to an aqua or gray color, and moving print from above tall dresser to above bed with the other two prints. The mirrored wall with dresser will seem empty...any ideas? thanks again.
November 13, 2012 at 3:44pm