Hearth replacement
Darcy DeVore
I have removed a fireplace and hearth. I am seeking ideas for filling in the space vacated by the hearth: tile, granite, medallion hardwood. The floor is hardwood
Cottage Craft Tile
Hi Darcy..is this a gas fireplace (appears to be)? There may be code restrictions on the type of material you can use. I'm in the tile business by profession and in my own home I used a porcelain tile with a slate look butting up to the wood floor- I trimmed it with oak trim to match the wood floors and on the rise (the face of the hearth) I did a mosaic riverstone. You can also get some ideas from my photo gallery at www.jvtile.webs.com Are you going for a more contemporary look?..If so, a one piece black granite hearth with a glass/stone mix mosaic on the face would really make a statement
November 13, 2012 at 4:16pm   
Kivi
Obviously lots of different looks possible. The fireplace style seems more contemporary so stacked ledge stone would be a good look.

These folks http://www.erthcoverings.com/Natural-Stone-Photos/3D-Series.html
have various versions of this type of stone. No doubt suppliers in your area also have it.
November 13, 2012 at 4:35pm   
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Carrara marble substitute
What is the best substitute for Carrara marble in a...
So I tile the outside of the shower?
The wall at the left will butt up against a drawer...
I need a rustic front walkway, steps, and porches for my cottage.
Dear houzz.......please help!!!! I need a makeover...
Is it possible to get a four piece bathroom in this space?
Hi, at the moment we have a situation where we want...