Need help for my kitchen
Cristina Mendoza
November 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
kindly please help me to design my dirty/clean kitchen to form a nice kitchen with counter tops.. thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Not sure what you are asking? You have an artistic flair and the pottery is cute along the shelf. Viewing this arrangement I am sure you can get the rest of the kitchen looking good, too.
November 14, 2012 at 1:36pm   
Cristina Mendoza
hi thanks for the compliment.. I've been thinking if it's ok if I open the wall between dinning area and the dirty kitche (back of the wall) and turn into counter top just like in the picture..
November 14, 2012 at 7:43pm   
TanCalGal
I think I see a door and window on the wall you want to take down. What is behind the wall (a bedroom)?
I would say, "no", do not do this. I do not think you need a huge counter or extra places to sit (as the photo shows). You need lots of cabinet space for your stuff. Also it's really hard to keep a kitchen looking wonderful. Real life is not like the photo shoots on Houzz. In real life the kitchen often looks like heck, so it is really not a good idea to have an open kitchen if you are the least bit messy.
Keep in mind that you have to talk to a contractor before you tear down walls. The wall might be load bearing and should not be taken down.
November 14, 2012 at 8:09pm   
houssaon
What is that room? What are all those tanks?
November 14, 2012 at 8:14pm   
Cristina Mendoza
behind the wall is my dirty kitchen.. i agree what u've said.. thank u for your advise..
November 15, 2012 at 5:39am   
TanCalGal
OK I see now. Best to keep that part of the kitchen hidden, for now, any way. Is there any way that part of the kitchen could be improved?
Here is something psychologists say. Begin with a very small idea for improving the kitchen.
One idea might be: every day discard one item in the kitchen or every day organize one thing in the kitchen. That's all. Just one thing every day. In a year, your kitchen will look quite a bit better than it does now and you won't have expended a lot of energy or time doing it.
November 15, 2012 at 10:24am     
Madeline
How big is the floor space you have now? What are the dimensions of the room? It's very difficult to see this in your photos, so I would be hard pressed to agree to take down a wall. Is the garage on the other side of the wall. Additional input is needed here before people can really help you. Thanks for your understanding. madeline
November 15, 2012 at 11:28am