Need help with my living room and my kitchen
mgmiran1
I am not sure if the size of my furniture fits right for my living room and my dining room area. Also, what do you guys think about white dining chairs in dining area?
smldesigns
I can't see all of you living area but I would say that the furniture in there looks like it fits. The only thing that I would beef up you be a higher and or a little larger coffee table. If you have a lot of space to the right of the round stools you may need something more. I agree that you could probably use a larger table in the eating area. Your kitchen counter sitting area seems larger than what you have in a table and chairs and thus out of balance. The kitchen itself is great!!
November 13, 2012 at 6:43PM   
mgmiran1
Thank you for your advice, I am looking for a bigger coffee table, possibly a rustic square one with iron legs. Any thoughts?
November 13, 2012 at 6:59PM   
anewpennameandthata
I see the problem. The kitchen looks like it can feed many more than 4. Looks like you did a kitchen reno and are looking how to put everything in balance again.

White and creme often don't work, so you might need to consider your doors, trim and white furniture.

You need to consider the flow of the space. It looks like your dining table is between your front door and the kitchen. If you make the dining table bigger, then it might block the front door. People traditionally enter a house through the kitchen/back door but not to enter through the dining room (except before the renaissance). You might need to change the table to a kitchen table style and move it closer to the kitchen, so that it is thought of as the kitchen table. No one has dinner parties any more or needs a dining room/area anyway.

I would need to see more shots. Dunno.
November 13, 2012 at 7:02PM     
smldesigns
I think a coffee table with iron legs would work but I would keep the legs simple and the top rustic wood. I don't know what your budget is, but I always look to Restoration Hardware for thoughts on how to integrate different finishes, fabrics particularly when mixing rustic with contemporary with a nod to the past.
November 13, 2012 at 7:10PM   
mgmiran1
the door you see is actually back door to our back yard. Here are more pictures so you can have a better idea of the space. I am trying to go for a rustic moder look. Thank you!!
November 13, 2012 at 7:30PM   
smldesigns
I think you need 3 feet between the table and the two chairs for passing through if you are keeping them there and another 3 feet between the table and the doors to the outside. That probably means you can get a larger table - maybe 1/2 again as long. I'm thinking an oval table would work. The pedestal table is really nice and I think it softens all the right angles, but just isn't large enough. Once you choose a new table, then you can concentrate on the chairs. A durable rug under the table would also help define the space.
November 13, 2012 at 7:42PM   
littlebrownbride
I think you could use a longer table, as your current dining table does not look proportional. Additionally, i am not sure the chairs work--it seems like there is too much contrast and they are competing with the barstools at the counter. You could try getting darker colour chairs with maybe a lighter coloured cushions. Additionally, I wonder if you could use smaller bar stools at the counter? Maybe use ones that do not have a back, so they don't compete with your dining chairs. Good luck
November 13, 2012 at 8:00PM     
Need serious help to coordinate my open kitchen with my living room
i'm building my new new apartment & i loved the idea...
Need help on my kitchen/dining room/ living room flooring ideas
We are commencing a very extensive remodel of a 1968...
need help for my kitchen bathroom dinning room living room
how could i design my apartment to seem larger also...
Need help redoing my 1st floor living room, dining room,kitchen.
I have just painted my living room Coastal Gray Benjamin...
Need help for my living room, kitchen & dining room
What is the color of the paint on the walls?
My new bedroom
I'm lost, which one of these rooms is better? Color.....
HELP! I fell in love with granite I can't afford...
I had no idea as I went shopping for granite that no...
THIS is my bathroom sink that i want
I canNOT find this exact sink, help!!!
Wanting dark floors but not sure about this contrast
This is a corner of my kitchen cabinets with the flooring...