What would could be used with this style for a staircase tread? Transition area from one floor to the next?
greenthumb2
November 14, 2012 in Photo Questions
Going to change out from carpet to wide plank. There is going to be a stairwell from one floor to the lower level and concern is proper transition. There won't be a door at the top of the stairs but a landing at the bottom of the stairs and that lower level may be tiled or stone.
Pavé Tile, Wood & Stone, Inc.
Thank you for your question. As a transition piece - use either one of the two materials - not a third material. For example, use the Provence Ancienne as the transition material - or if you were using for example, European terra cotta tile - install that as the transitional element.. A third material would be chaotic.
November 15, 2012 at 7:22AM   
greenthumb2
Thank you. Two works, three, not usually. Perfect. Do you have any hub distributors in California? Appreciate your feedback.
November 15, 2012 at 8:02AM   
Pavé Tile, Wood & Stone, Inc.
We work direct with architects, designers and the homeowner throughout the country - CA being one of our most important markets. Please call François or myself at 800.239.6437 and we would be happy to discuss your project. To view all our Collections - visit our website at www.pavetile.com.
November 16, 2012 at 7:19AM   
greenthumb2
This is my favorite website of all time. Inspirational, Functional, and Practical. Our project will not occur until Spring 2013. We have yet to speak with our contractor. We live out of country presently. Thank you for your link. I have looked longingly at it.
November 16, 2012 at 9:18AM   
Pavé Tile, Wood & Stone, Inc.
Thanks for such a great compliment! I must say we have a few new collections in the works - one to come in the next month called English Manor and a larger project called On the Road to Florence - which will be a floor and wall glazed tile with designs we created from original 14th Century decoratives...yet with a modern edge. So by Spring 2013 - you will have even more options from which to choose!
Thanks again!
Emmi Micallef
Pavé Tile & Stone, Inc.
November 16, 2012 at 5:39PM   
Dear Houzzers, Can you suggest a type of coffee table?
Hello friends! I am decorating my new apartment. The...
Living room and new sofa help!!
Hi there! My boyfriend and I are moving into our first...
Small batroom redo.
New vanity, rich color. Need a new wall color ! Please...
Kitchen dilemma!
I really want to create a seating area, with TV and...