Kitchen help- can you put cabinetry on one appliance and not all?
nyse2502
I have a large kitchen, my fridge and microwave are on the same wall. on the wall in front of the back window is a long row of cabinets including my dishwasher. I need to cut back some expenses so am choosing not to cover my sub zero but my kitchen designer still thinks I should cover the dishwasher in cabinetry so as to not break up the line under the window. I was under the impression that on design you either covered all the appliances or none, is this done? Thanks
I completely agree with your kitchen designer. Many people choose to do panels on one appliance but not others, depending on their positioning in the kitchen in relation to the other cabinets and appliances. We put paneling on our dishwasher because it was in a section of the kitchen that had no other appliances and thus created an unbroken expanse of cabinetry. The other side of our kitchen has a nice trio of SS appliances--refrigerator, range and hood--that create a good visual effect together across that side of the kitchen. In fact, I think the most common appliance to cover with a matching panel is the dishwasher.
0 Likes   November 14, 2012 at 8:14AM
olldcan
No, you don't have to cover all of them. I have seen lot's of kitchens that only a select few are panel ready and in most cases, it's just like you have described.
0 Likes   November 14, 2012 at 8:16AM
Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
The amount of cabinetry to cover a dishwasher is pretty small. Find out the cost if you're on the fence - when compared to the entire cost of the project, the cost might be quite small. If you don't put cabinetry on now and want to do it later, the finish won't quite match because finishes develop a patina over time. We just added on to an existing kitchen using the same finishes that had previously been used - but they don't quite match. It will be at least 6 months before they do.
:) Rhoda
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 10:10AM
Stoneshop
I agree with your kitchen designer. It is very common for individuals to panel their dishwasher, and then leave the other appliances exposed. It will look beautiful, I'm sure!
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 10:17AM
can you mix stainless steel appliances with white ones in kitchen?
I love a white Farmer's sink and I have a white wall...
elship
How did you decide to put a glass front on one cabinet all by itself?
It looks great even though it breaks all the rules....
wowww
Hey Houzzers! Where would you put the appliances in this new kitchen?
I rearranged the kitchen appliances to this layout....
kellerj
Where would you put the appliances in this NEW KITCHEN?!!!
I'm building a new home and having trouble where to...
kellerj
Wood floors - options?
Can't tell if these hardwood floors absolutely require...
castelljennifer
rredpenn
Cozy
How do you make living room cozy? Without using breakable...
ashav44
Need Ideas
I would like to get ideas for a glass block walk in...
fisherlady53
Durable Kitchen Sink
What material have people found to be most durable...
Debra Pope