How can I dress up windows and still keep the room light and airy?
deb jo
Late 18th century house being renovated into a more contemporary style, and the work is still in progress. However before I call a decorator for a consultation(as the place is still a mess), I would like some guidance just to have an idea of what to do with the windows without actually purchasing anything.

*Please Ignore furniture*

My wishes are for a light saturated/contemporary/casual living room, as the photos on houzz shows.

Light saturated living room
Contemporary and Casual Living room
Decor by Denise

My questions are:

Which style/color/fabric of drapery would work best for the windows and still provide privacy? I say drapery because as you can see in my photo there is an inside mounted blind left by previous owners and I don't fancy the looks of it.
Still on drapery, regarding the curtain rods and colours( as there is a continuous "window line" from dinning to living room, should they match?

Any other ideas or tips? Thanks a ton.

Ps*: No plans for redoing the floors yet.

houssaon
If the fabric coordinate, they don't have to match. But since it is an open space, it might look better if they door. In your situation, I would layer translucent panels under the curtains. That way you can still get light in. Or use a translucent film. Or a privacy screen: [Caterpillar House San Francisco Decorator Showcase
November 15, 2012 at 8:00am   
Need advice for DR Chairs
I would like to add two more chairs at the ends of...
I need help with kitchen color scheme.
I have oak flooring with traditional medium dark (maple...
How to accessorize a white desk...
I finally bought the west elm parsons desk in white....
Please help me design my barren conference room. .
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites....
buying leather sofa
I have traditional furnishings. I would like to buy...