Wall Tiles matching
Cucina Kitchen & Wardrobe
Any idea or comment about my wall tiles,im feel not very suit with my cabinet overall.
fife2
I think I know what you are trying to say here: You do not feel the tiles are very well suited to your overall design?

I think your kitchen IS perfect. It is VERY Beautiful, and everything works GREAT together. What a truly WONDERFUL space. I would NOT change a thing.
November 16, 2012 at 12:50am     
Is it me? I'm not see a cooktop under the hood!
November 16, 2012 at 3:45am   
fife2
Gosh Bob - I think you are right? It looks to be to the right of where the vent hood is located. Maybe THIS is her problem. Let's ask her. What do you say?
November 16, 2012 at 3:58am     
fife2
Also looks like the "plate rack" is located in the far corner away from the sink and DW?

But I do love the room.
November 16, 2012 at 3:59am     
Kivi
bob I suspect whoever did this computer rendering used a white cooktop so it barely shows up in the image.
As for the tiles.. overall it is a very sleek cool look. Is that not what you were hoping for? I think it is a good look, but it is you that has to be happy.
November 16, 2012 at 3:59am   
fife2

But I do love the room.
November 16, 2012 at 4:00am   
fife2, thanks, I wasn't really sure! I thought my olld eyes were deceiving me! They do that on occasion.....
November 16, 2012 at 4:00am   
kivi, a white cooktop would be a reasonable assumption and the only one that makes sense. But, then, what is that to the far right? Something isn't adding up! And why put the sink so far left that there's no counterspace next to it (on the left)?
November 16, 2012 at 4:03am   
lisarooney83
I think your blinds and tile splashback clash, change the splashback.
November 16, 2012 at 4:04am   
olldroo
Are you a designer? Why are you asking us??
November 16, 2012 at 4:46am     
I hope no one thinks my comments rude, it was never my intention. I truly don't understand the layout of the kitchen and was looking for help from someone seeing things I'm not seeing. I apologize if I came across as rude.

And I think olldroo's questions were also sincere and never meant to be anything other.
November 16, 2012 at 5:33am   
olldroo
You misunderstand me, Cara, I'm not being snarky, I am curious, designers generally don't ask for opinions. Her profile suggests she is a designer so it just seems very strange to me. If she is a student, then say so, it helps a lot to know just what people are looking for and what level of assistance they need. There is doubt here as well, as to whether this is an actual kitchen or a computer design.
November 16, 2012 at 5:34am   
lionscale
I think the room is fabulous. Can you provide a close up of the tile by the stove?
November 16, 2012 at 5:59am   
olldroo
Agreed, Cara, this is a great website for a student, and yes we all like to help out but it is helpful to know the level of help needed. It appears from her profile that she is just starting out as a designer and while she only asks about the tiles, if it is a computer design then we can be more helpful making suggestions with respect to other problems we may see. If it is an actual kitchen, then it is obvious that it would be crazy to start making suggestions to change things around. I have seen other posts where budding designers have stated this and professional designers have come on board to assist them at a professional level - surely far more satisfactory to the enquirer.
November 16, 2012 at 6:14am   
Kivi
It is a computer design... easy to see by looking at the plant on the counter. Not that it matters.. it is still valid to ask questions about the design.
November 16, 2012 at 6:24am   
justdebi
Olld Bob; I think there are two cook spaces here… One with an under hood perhaps? Too hard to tell by the display pictures, maybe to match/offset the two sinks?

Anyhow, the tile work is out of sorts, in the sense someone designed a contemporary kitchen and decided to tossed in some whimsical, I think I would have stuck to one theme… but heck, what do I know, I am no designer!

I would definitely do away with the clashing blinds… Not liking the Plate rack either. Something doesn’t sit right…. The rest is just fine, if that is your style.
November 16, 2012 at 6:29am     
olldroo
justdebi - glad you feel something isn't sitting right too. You don't need to be a designer to express an opinion or be right about something, designers often like hearing from the average person, it can put a different perspective on things for their design.
November 16, 2012 at 6:36am     
janishill
The large tiles seem to be what is throwing the room off. Everything has warm undertones, the wood, the blinds, the small tiles, but the large tiles have cool undertones. Change them to something warmer or whiter and it will look fabulous.

On the other hand it could be the lighting that is casting shadows and making the tile look cold.

Two things that would warm the kitchen and keep it from looking cold;
1) a long, narrow picture above the windows. (I can see something with red in it)
2) a large area rug.
November 16, 2012 at 6:49am     
Cucina Kitchen & Wardrobe
hello everyone,im still new here and im very sorry for what you all curious about since im not stated cleary about my this design. Ok im a kitchen designer ,im just start my career half year ago,and im have no good sense about color, so im asking opinion about the overall rendering,is that okay about the wall tiles that i chosen for this kitchen cabinet design.Im had design and done many 3D kitchen for my customers but im lack of idea for choose wall tiles that match with my kitchen design .im need comments/opinions sincerely.im will accept any idea and opinions.

Ok, for this kitchen design,im follow what my client's required thats need 2 double bowl sink and 2 hobs but only one attached with the hood. My worktop is quartz stone Pearl White,im think my rendering was too bright with the sunlight,so its look blur overall.
November 16, 2012 at 7:16am   
Regarding the tiles, I think they might be better if they didn't go all the way up to the ceiling. There seems to be a natural break right above the top of the hood, I would stop there, but continue all the way thru the backsplash.
November 16, 2012 at 7:19am     
justdebi
That would work! good thinking Olld Bob!
November 16, 2012 at 7:25am     
Thank you justdebi!
November 16, 2012 at 7:29am     
annie912
Too many straight lines. The floor should have been on a diagonal or perhaps staggered. Unless they wanted everything to look like one big box.. And also, maybe longer in length instead of Giant squares...
November 16, 2012 at 7:36am     
olldroo
Thanks for clearing that up Cucina, it seemed a little strange making suggestions to a designer.

Agreed, olldbob, I think those tiles, while making a dramatic statement as they are would be better as a backsplash and would brighten the whole kitchen up.

From a personal point of view too I would do away with the rest of the tiles above the cupboards, kitchen grease and grime builds up on walls and but seems to stick to tiles more readily, making them very dull and I certainly would not want to be climbing up to constantly clean them.

Good luck with your career Cucina, I hope it goes well for you. You have found a great website here for design ideas.
November 16, 2012 at 7:37am     
Cucina Kitchen & Wardrobe
Thanks olldroo,Im will try redo the backsplash and show you all again.

But my name is LiQi ,Cucina is my company's brand. LOL :) Thanks again for your opinion. appreciate it.
November 16, 2012 at 7:57am   
INTERIORS by Charissa LLC
I actually like the accent tile going all the way up to the ceiling. I'm just not quite sure about the lighter finish on the upper cabinets? They're kind of getting washed out. Overall, great rendering! :-)
November 16, 2012 at 7:59am     
INTERIORS by Charissa LLC
Just looked at the other photo. Perhaps if you shifted the range over towards the center of that run of cabinets, it might look better, more of a focal point? I realize that might be difficult to do with the two cooktops, but it looks a bit crammed into the corner. Very nice selection of finishes though.
November 16, 2012 at 8:02am   
nevadan
Here's your problem in a nutshell - the tiles are overpowering and should not go up higher that the exhaust hood. If you take off the top tiles, you will see a greagt improvement. But I have a couple of other suggestions: lighten up your Roman shades - brown is wrong color. Change lighting fixture to something interesting and decorative. And paint the walls a favorite color - maybe something you can pick up from your tiles. The room is too blah.
November 16, 2012 at 8:05am     
LiQi, do you have two cooktops? If you do, do you not need two range hoods?
November 16, 2012 at 8:11am   
madyy
I really love it as it is. Looks fabulous!
November 16, 2012 at 8:14am   
Cucina Kitchen & Wardrobe
Olldbob ,this design is based on my client's requirement. So ... cant change any.
November 16, 2012 at 6:26pm   
fife2
Dear Cucina: I do have a question - I know you cannot change the outlay of the kitchen as it is your clients requirement - yes? Did you simply want color help? I think you stated this above.

I am going out on a limb here and guess this is a European design - in looking at the cabinets they look Italian to me. Is this correct? I DO KNOW this: European Designed kitchens are very different from American - I think this is why there is some confusion among commentors on this site. Is this correct?

So - since you cannot change the lay-out of the kitchen - please let us know if you would like all of us to help you with colors? OR, let us know - if there is something in the kitchen you can change - like the window blinds? The back-splash - which you mentioned - which actually I cannot see - I can only see that it looks like trim?

As I have said, I like the room - BUT - IF you can change something like the blinds - which are fabulous design - I would suggest perhaps changing the TONE of the color on these blinds, it seems to be a little off from the warmer color of the cabinets. The blind seems to have too much of a yellow base to the color - making the seem a little green to me. The floor mats are also a little too yellow -

I also must say, although I do understand the esthete of this room - I am not really crazy about the grey looking walls, with the lovely rich cabinetry. With the white trim, white countertops, the bright light from the window above reflecting off the glazed floors - I am afraid it is going to end up looking like a doctor's office. Very sterile.

I would like to suggest that you paint the ceiling a different color from the walls - which will tone down the glare off of the glazed tiles from the skylight.

And I absolutely think the tile with the hood vent wall is VERY FUN! It reminds me of Gaudi. Interpretive, fun, whimsical - very inventive.

Can you give us a LIST of the colors the owner MIGHT BE Willing to accept as a change? Some blues? Some softer shades of brown tones - like a latte coffe color? Some tones of pure Khaki - without yellow in the undertone.

Will this help? Please let me know - I think I understand what you have asked here. Just colors - right?

Tell us, OK? :-)
November 16, 2012 at 11:31pm   
nevadan
I think simply throwing tile at a wall is never inventive. Tile is way overused currently. When used with artistry it adds a whole lot. When used as "wallpaper" - not so much. Someone says it looks like Gaudi. I see no resemblance to Gaudi but it looks gaudy. What a difference.
November 17, 2012 at 7:20am   
fife2
Dear Nevadan: I was referring to the "shape" of the tile as it is placed. I also think - the presenter here - was pretty clear - this is what her CLIENT wants - and she asked for help with the colors.

Seondly - there is a language thing going on here - and I was the one who said it looked like a Gaudi - only because of the way it is implemented here - no need to get Snarky - :-(
November 17, 2012 at 10:44am   
kimberlysc
I agree with earlier suggestion, change blinds to a fun color or pattern. The room needs something unpredictable.
November 18, 2012 at 5:40pm   
Cucina Kitchen & Wardrobe
This is im had change recently,may i know is it my tiles too dark everall? my sales person complaint that its was too dark.Hate
November 21, 2012 at 6:48pm     
olldroo
It is dark and certainly not my taste, but it is classy. Looks far better than the original. The problem with photos is that one cannot get the feel for the room in terms of lighting and location. As you are in Malaysia, I would assume this home is there too and with your hot tropical climate, I just don't think this fits. What about going for a jungle or deep green colour to give it some life, keeping the cupboards white and bring a tropical look fabric with some colour into the blinds. Alternatively navy and paler shades of blues with the white cupboards would create a lovely cool and relaxing feel to the room, a beach or nautical feel colourwise would be quite appropriate for your location.
November 21, 2012 at 8:02pm   
Kivi
LiQi, I would think the "client" would give you direction about which look they like. I personally prefer the original, because this is too dark for me.. , but some people will probably prefer this one. It depends on ones tastes. I would ask you to keep original, but show me some different options for the wall tiles.
November 21, 2012 at 8:23pm     
LiQi, it is dark, but beautiful and dramatic. You could add more recessed lighting outside the tray to brighten it up. I like it alot better!
November 22, 2012 at 2:47am     
Help!!!! What length drapes?
I will be moving into this house next month. This photo...
Have you ever had a laundry disaster?
You open the doors to the laundry machine and out falls...
Potlites
How many potlites should one put in a 15x20foot living...
Would you go for a striped wall?
Feature walls are big news, but what if you want to...
Have you used Ikea cabinets in your kitchen?
I am smack dab in the middle of a kitchen remodel and...