We like this tile how can i get it

jazziejaNovember 17, 2012
I would like to use this in my entry hall which is separated by stairs up and down and then another short hall leading into family room
Homer Clifton Oatman, AIA · More Info
Homer Oatman, AIA
The tile is by Pedralbes out of Spain. Here is a weblink: http://www.ticsa.net/EN/index.html
1 Like    Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 4:21PM
Luis Santizo
I'm surprised no one has asked about the door! Its beautiful - would you mind letting me know where you obtained it? or it's model/style info? Thank you!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 12:54PM
Homer Oatman, AIA
The door is my design. It is 4690 x 3" thick. It was custom made by CIW (Craftsmen in Wood) out of Phoenix, AZ. Their website is www.ciwood.com.
    Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 2:20PM
iamhakim
I would like to say what a beautiful reply you have made in Spanish above. I am trying to learn spanish, and had to translate it, but it was well worth it. Kudos for taking the time to explain the history behind the architecture in such a polite and concise statement.
I myself like the Tuscan style, and I am sure it is not exactly like the homes in Italy. We live in Texas so the weather and styles are different than in California, but I think that most people who are lucky enough to be able to have a home built want similar things. We want a home that is elegant but comfortable. a connection to nature, as much natural light as possible, the use of natural materials (stone, wood, clay tile, iron), a feeling of uniqueness. I am sure I will ask my builder to do some things that don't match any exact style, but will be MY style.
PS We love your homes. We plan to mix Tuscan and Spanish in the Kitchen and outdoor areas... and yes I also love the door (reminds me of the doors to the Alamo ;)
    Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 6:19PM
andrew1518
What color stucco is the white? and brand?
    Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 1:57PM
Homer Oatman, AIA
Wow, it's been several years since the house was built, I don't recall. Typically, in our region (Southern California) the plasterers use either Omega or Merlex stucco pigment for integral colored plaster. I would guess that the color was an off white mix of Omega #10 White and Omega #18 Coconut or something like that. Ask your stucco contractor to provide 3 or 3 12" x 12" color samples in various shades. It doesn't cost him anything as they are provided by the lab at Omega. Choose the one or two you think you like best and then after they have done the scratch and brown coats have him draw down a couple of 4' x 4' samples on the side of the house so you can make sure. With a white finish I would presume as little as possible. Surprisingly, a fairly off white color will seem like white at a distance. And pure white is just blinding on a sunny day. Another thing you need to have him do with the draw downs is to provide finish samples of the trowel work. Assuming you want a steel trowel smooth finish you need to be clear with him how much or how little trowel burnishing you want. With a whitish colored finish I would presume as little burnishing as possible. Also, be sure to discuss utilizing fiberglass mesh reinforcing to reduce the cracking of the plaster. With a smooth troweled finish any cracking will be much more apparent than with a rough textured finish. Good luck.
    Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 2:53PM
sanlynet
I LOVE that door! Great design!
    Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 8:50AM
Jason Austin
Classic Moorish design with strong Monterrey (English/Spanish fusion) overtones and influence, but decidedly Spanish interior with plentiful arches and heavy use of 18th century door trim and wrought iron.
    Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 8:18PM
Living room is too....blah :(
I just can't make this room work no matter what I do!...
kali_rae
Help us decide which color stool to keep, please!
We ordered these counter stools in both colors, as...
dnamama
Fireplace help
We need some ideas for the fireplace. Either side has...
hollibee
Has anyone used Cambria Berwyn? I can only find one picture
We really like this color countertop for island and...
Janet DiMaria
How to update our exterior??
Ideas on how to update the exterior of our home? We're...
sally11177
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Lighting. Sahara Collection Wall Mount 1-Light Outdoor Grey Lamp
Home Depot
Pro Track Blythe 3-Light LED Brushed Steel Track Fixture
Lamps Plus
A & L Furniture Western Red Cedar Traditional English Swing Bed - 453C-UNFINISHE
$658.98 | Hayneedle
Dr. Seuss The Lorax Window Valance
$20.18 | Bellacor
Silvery Blue Tulips III Wall Art
$699.00 | FRONTGATE
French blue linen napkin lara (set of four)
Origin Crafts
Antique Finish Dome Semi-Flush Mount with Glass Shade
ParrotUncle
Essential Cotton Pillow (Case of 10)
Overstock.com