Rug and Curtains for a Blue and White Bedroom?
ellafr
Hi, I love a blue and white bedroom. Not a huge fan of how blue the walls are but I'm too lazy to repaint them. That said, I think adding curtains and a rug could help tone down the walls and make the room more cozy. The blinds have to stay (rental apt). Ordered some navy blue drum shades for the lamps... not sure if I'll keep them but I want to see how it looks.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a fabric/curtain and a rug that would go well in this space? (i've included some pics of the accessories I plan on placing more carefully in the room - plates are likely to go up on the wall above the dresser and the vases will go on a white bookshelf across from the bed.
Aggie Purvinska
What a lovely bedroom, and yes to navy and indigo! I think rug should be simple white berber, I think curtains solid blue..and yes to the navy drum shades!

1 Like    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 1:12PM
ellafr
Thank you! Great suggestions. I wish there was room for a chair like that one!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 1:48PM
dcer
Great suggestions from Aggie. I love the plates, and agree that a blue drum shade would look great. A rug with a tone on tone pattern would look nice, and I love the velvet curtains! Good luck. I nave attached some rooms for inspiration.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 1:57PM
ellafr
Great inspiration photos. Thank you. I have a lot of pictures that I would like to put up also, but can't figure out what color frame would work. Silver? Gold/Brass? I don't like black in here, and white feels too light but I could be wrong about those... also not a huge fan of wood since it's kind of crisp in here.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 2:09PM
Aggie Purvinska
Satin brass would be lovely...for frames...
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 2:15PM
ellafr
Do you think the rug needs to be big enough to cover the floor on both sides of the bed or can I just put one on the side of the bed that you see in the photo (in front of bureau and dresser and what you walk on when you enter the room)?

Also, any good suggestions for sources? (Overstock is fine, but wondering if I'm missing somewhere that has inexpensive ivory rugs that I can compare). Thanks!
    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 5:01PM
Aja Mazin
Walmart
    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 5:05PM
Nancy Hehmann
For area rugs, look at JCPenney.com and Target.com. They usually have good prices and a wide variety to select from. JCPenney.com is also a good place to look for reasonable drapes.
For art, if you have photography on canvas you dont need a frame. Look on Etsy.com there is a lot on there. Just use their search engine and input what you are interested in such as photography coastal. High def photography is very uplifting and I have a photography shop on there. Etsy.com is a collection of "shops" from artisans and craftsman from all over the world.
You can also look at decorator pillows on there as well.
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/for-the-home/departments/window-treatments/in-home-services/custom-decorating-/resource-center/linden-street%25e2%2584%25a2-ellis-grommet-top-drapery-panel/prod.jump?ppId=1bf25d5&catId=cat100260226&N=1502&topDim=Top+Construction&topDimvalue=grommet&dimCombo=Top+Construction%7C&dimComboVal=grommet%7C&currentDim=Top+Construction&currentDimVal=grommet
https://www.etsy.com/listing/102481897/shoreline-of-st-maarten-caribbean http://www.target.com/p/room-365-geometric-area-rug/-/A-14180952#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=blue area rug

I posted links to some drapes on JCPenney.com and also photography of St Maarten that is blue and white. Might be very uplifting to wake up with St Maarten in your view everyday! The link to Target is for an area rug.

Have fun!
    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 5:10PM
Aggie Purvinska
Also a local carpet shop, you can get a remnant cut to size and an edge bound. This way you could get a really good quality one...

Put it under a bed, and get a larger one... about 25" smaller than the extents of the room, more or less.
    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 7:04PM
our new house has a navy blue carpet in a bedroom, what color besides white.
This is the room for our college girl and she is stuck...
mepulc
Need help finishing my bedroom. Walls, curtains, lighting, etc.
Hello, My friend just helped me make this fun headboard...
Patty
Need your help with rug & curtains for this bedroom
Hi All, Could you help me with suggestions on a...
Sarah AM
Help! Master Bedroom Decor - Blue Walls, Dark Furniture
Here's what I'm working with.. This room has been the...
ashleigh1987
Kitchen cabinets uneven to window! Please help with ideas
I need to minimize this asymmetry. The cabinet to window...
Kelley Blevins
Need help with placement of towel rings
How far above the counter top in my bathroom should...
ritalu
Kitchen Redo
Granite countertops and backsplash are ordered, and...
Sparklymom L
Need to find the right curtains
I recently moved in to this house and am still getting...
sheerinca
Area Rug -- no clue and need guidance
I'm moving to a house with hardwood floors, and I will...
dina_artlover