Entry Buffet/Dresser/Console help needed!

ellafrNovember 18, 2012
Where can I find a relatively inexpensive (~$300) console for my entry that has a lot of storage... would love something antique (looking) and with character (asian?). Must be no more than 42" long and 21" deep.

Antique Sideboard Buffet · More Info
]

Small Lattice Sideboard · More Info
]

Black Bow-Front Four-Drawer Chest, Wisteria · More Info
]

Dorothy Door Chest · More Info
]
HI -- most Asian consoles don't really have a lot of storage and are pricey. Try finding a mid century console , better storage and better prices but they won't be very antuque . If you want Asian style , there are new furniture pieces that would work . Search some of the used furniture sites like craigs list or Kijiji or do a general search for vintage furniture stores for your area. Try Pier1.com , they usually have some Asian style pieces. Do you have any antique malls or flea markets in your area ?
1 Like    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 3:12PM
pcmom1
Check out all furniture consignment stores. Some great finds there, but you need to go often as the best stuff sells quick.
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 3:20PM
ellafr
Thanks for the help. I think I'm still struggling with what style I want. Now I'm thinking maybe colonial antique or mirror? I was hoping to be able to order this online so I don't have to coordinate with a mover.
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 3:23PM
orangecamera
Many used furniture stores offer delivery for a small fee if you're local. And you may find a gem at such a great price it'll be less expensive than ordering online. Also, when you order furniture online, they generally deliver "to the curb", which means you still need to lug it inside, or pay extra for "white glove service" meaning they'll bring it in and unpack it, etc. So you're still coordinating with a mover, who might not be flexible with their schedule the way a local mover would be.

If you feel comfortable posting where you're located, someone near you might be able to point you in the direction of some good shops.
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 3:30PM
pcmom1
Personally, I love a mix of styles. Much more interesting!
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 3:55PM
ellafr
I live in New York City. Would love suggestions for places to get furniture AND would REALLY LOVE if someone could recommend a mover or some service that can pick up and deliver furniture INTO my apartment that has insurance (my building won't let me have anything delivered w/out insurance, even if I'm trying to take it in myself). That would be AWESOME!!
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 5:36PM
orangecamera
I've found some real treasures for practically nothing (but my time) at Englishtown Antiques in NJ. http://englishtownantiques.com/ They do deliver, but I don't know how far or if they have insurance. The people who work there will be glad to answer this over the phone.

It's 50-ish miles from midtown Manhattan to Englishtown, but SO worth the drive if you're in the mood to hunt for treasures. And I do mean HUNT. This place is JAMMED with treasures in all styles. I always walk the aisles a few times in different directions to make sure I don't miss something!

With the money you save in Englishtown vs NYC pricing, you can hire insured movers if you have to.
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 5:59PM
ellafr
Thank you, orangecamera. I will check it out! I love hunting for stuff.
    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:01PM
Is there any help for this entry way. Need HELP
I really need help in trying to figure this area and...
cleanlady1
Need help accessorizing console table in entry
I desperately need help accessorizing this console...
Monica Johnson
what color buffet?
I'm in the process of finishing my living room, which...
ninjabetic
Need help for my entry way
We had this painting commissioned and while the painting...
mersmck
Need Help Decorating the Entry
So, we got this console that is just the right size...
acaba
Starting from scratch
Hi, my first post! We have a new build house and a...
emmauk
Need Help with this Outdated livingroom.
We just bought this house and are ready to do a remodel....
Roberta Eleazer
Living Room Design help needed!!
Now that our kitchen remodel is almost done, we'd like...
mamadubbs
Secret Garden With Pond
Hello! I've owned my home for about a year now and...
syntria
Need help with colors
We are painting the entire inside of the house and...
larsrstanley