Heed help for granite/stone choice
cesullie22
I am remodeling my master bathroom and would like to use the vein cut travertine pictured for the shower, floors and tub surround.
My decorator is advising me to use the granite,"lava" for the countertops, shower bench and threshhold (with light cabinets)
I'm concerned that the overall look my be too busy since both stones have so much movement.
Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.
C
Aja Mazin
I like it.
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 3:26PM
Stanton Designs-online design services
Trust your designer.
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 3:37PM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
It would be too much movement for me personally, but we can't see the actual granite selection so it is difficult to tell. Take several pieces of the tile selection (which is very nice) and look at it with the granite.
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 8:01AM
Natalie
I think it's a little too much movement. Look at Giallo river as an alternative... :)
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 8:23AM
Granite Grannies
When you are pairing natural elements, you don't have to be as concerned about "business." Think of it like a garden. A full and exciting garden with a variety of flowers actually promotes serenity! When it comes to picking out your stone to match the tile....try to find a stone that is beautiful to you on its own, the same way you might pick a flower. Then take the ones that speak to your natural aesthetic instincts and see which go best with the tile. I'm not sure about this particular pairing because the colors seem off, but I do like the idea of adding some contrast against the darker tile. Some smooth planes might actually help break up the grout lines of the tile. Some polished stone (marble or granite) will also give you a texture contrast, which is always great. Good luck!
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 8:33AM
PLEASE...help in choosing granite/ quartz countertops and backsplash
Thank you in advance for your help! We have been...
puffnstuff
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Wendy
HELP! What would you do in this kitchen?
we are looking at redoing our kitchen. we want new...
crioux13
What to add to this wall?
What do you suggest to be hung over the towel bar behind...
Colleen
Need help for kitchen set
I'm not a fan of the finish for my kitchen set. Rather...
vgr611