Heed help for granite/stone choice
cesullie22
I am remodeling my master bathroom and would like to use the vein cut travertine pictured for the shower, floors and tub surround.
My decorator is advising me to use the granite,"lava" for the countertops, shower bench and threshhold (with light cabinets)
I'm concerned that the overall look my be too busy since both stones have so much movement.
Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.
C
Aja Mazin
I like it.
November 18, 2012 at 3:26pm     
Stanton Designs-online design services
Trust your designer.
November 18, 2012 at 3:37pm     
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
It would be too much movement for me personally, but we can't see the actual granite selection so it is difficult to tell. Take several pieces of the tile selection (which is very nice) and look at it with the granite.
November 19, 2012 at 8:01am   
Natalie
I think it's a little too much movement. Look at Giallo river as an alternative... :)
November 19, 2012 at 8:23am   
Granite Grannies
When you are pairing natural elements, you don't have to be as concerned about "business." Think of it like a garden. A full and exciting garden with a variety of flowers actually promotes serenity! When it comes to picking out your stone to match the tile....try to find a stone that is beautiful to you on its own, the same way you might pick a flower. Then take the ones that speak to your natural aesthetic instincts and see which go best with the tile. I'm not sure about this particular pairing because the colors seem off, but I do like the idea of adding some contrast against the darker tile. Some smooth planes might actually help break up the grout lines of the tile. Some polished stone (marble or granite) will also give you a texture contrast, which is always great. Good luck!
November 19, 2012 at 8:33am   
Please help me tie my room together!
Hi everyone! I've been decorating my living room and...
Kitchen remodel corner sink
We are remodeling this kitchen, see picture. HATE the...
What to do with extra space in kitchen?
I have an unused kitchen nook that I'm not sure what...
DYI Bathroom update help please!
1970s lake cottage to which I brought country french...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...